Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Favorite Movie Moments! (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kylie Hey everyone!

I saw Mockingjay on the release day and really want to see it again. I was looking back and thinking about some of my favorite scenes and moments.

I thought the lizard mutts were phenomenal! I was so impressed with how that scene turned out. All the pods were so well done.
There were so many little things that I loved through the movie. From Peeta talking to himself to Katniss and Gale walking toward Snow's mansion.

I need to discuss this movie with someone so let me know what your favorite and least favorite parts of the film were!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I had no least favorite parts.
I really like the very last line.. I THINK IT WAS THE BEST ONE.

"...but there are worse games to play."

Then I really love the part where Katniss ended Finnick's misery... It was so sad, but I'm glad she killed him and not them mutts.

Another part I loved was when Peeta and Gale thought that Katniss was asleep and Gale was like: "She's going to have pick one of us."

Then when she found out Gale helped with the bomb that killed Prim... I was so shocked. I was like NO GALE... GALE WHY!!!

But this movie... IT WAS SOO GOOD. I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN.

message 3: by Nikita (last edited Dec 02, 2015 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikita I don't have any favorite moments, mostly because I thought it was great. I was extremely sad during the sad moments of the movie.

message 4: by Alana (new) - added it

Alana H I loved that last line, it actually made me cry. There was a certain finality about it. I also loved the part where Katniss basically told Gale she hated him. BOO GALE. But really, that was amazing acting for both of them

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

IT WAS.
Especially when Gale starting tearing up.

Kylie Mgh101 wrote: "I had no least favorite parts.

Then I really love the part where Katniss ended Finnick's mi..."

OH MY GOSH I know that last line was amazing!! I knew what was going to happen with Gale, but it was still so sad. I lost it when she was yelling at the cat, and that's the same place I cried in the book. It was such a good movie.

Kylie Stella wrote: "I loved that last line, it actually made me cry. There was a certain finality about it. I also loved the part where Katniss basically told Gale she hated him. BOO GALE. But really, that was amazing..."

Last line was perfect. I'm not a huge Gale fan but I did like him and how Liam played him in the movie.

Kylie Mgh101 wrote: "I had no least favorite parts.

Then I really love the part where Katniss ended Finnick's mi..."

Even when I knew the sad parts were coming they were still awful. Finnick.... :( And when they got that note from Annie at the end! That was way too sad.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

YAAAS.
The only part that made me cry just a little bit, was when Katniss found Buttercup in the kitchen. When Buttercup made that pitiful meow, ugh, it just killed me. Then when Katniss was screaming at it telling it to go away and throwing dishes at it... yeah... that was my last straw XD
It was so emotional.

Nikita Mgh101 wrote: "YAAAS.
The only part that made me cry just a little bit, was when Katniss found Buttercup in the kitchen. When Buttercup made that pitiful meow, ugh, it just killed me. Then when Katniss was scream..."

I agree. I cried.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I jumped once... when that bomb went off. I KNEW it was coming. I DID. But I still jumped... it was so sad... more shocking really, especially for Katniss (for people who had no idea what was going to happen it would be a shocker)

What made me feel REALLY bad was that all of this happened JUST BECAUSE KATNISS VOLUNTEERED FOR PRIM. She did it so Prim could live., but Prim died anyway.

Kylie Mgh101 wrote: "I jumped once... when that bomb went off. I KNEW it was coming. I DID. But I still jumped... it was so sad... more shocking really, especially for Katniss (for people who had no idea what was going..."

Yes exactly! Sometimes it seems like all her/Peeta's/everyone's suffering was for nothing. At least there's a better world to live in without Snow and Coin.

When the parachutes started coming down to the children I didn't even want to look. And what happened with Prim-it was over so fast! Same with Finnick. It's like I didn't even have time to cry about it until later (with Buttercup).

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

YAAAS
You totally get me. All you could do was just gasp and stare horrified...