BookLoversUnite (B.L.U.) discussion

Journals > Valli's Journal

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
Hey everyone! Guess what!?!?!? It's my birthday!!!! XD
I got 6 book and I'm really happy!

I got:

Tarnished
Switched
Torn
Ascend
Flawless
Ali's Pretty Little Lies

YAY! XD

message 2: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
OMG! I got a little baby Christmas tree for my bedroom and it's adorable! :D

message 3: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
So, it's been a while since I've put anything up on here, and I thought of something cool I could do with this! I don't know how many of you look to see what other people are reading, so if you don't know, one of the books I'm currently reading is Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year by Demi Lovato, and I'm really enjoying it. It has an inspirational quote for every day of the year, so I thought I'd post the entries here so everyone can read them. I'll start tomorrow. See ya! XD

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Great idea! I'd love to hear the quotes so I'll be tuned in!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to hear them

message 6: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
Okay, time for the quote! Yay XD

February 22

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
-Helen Keller

Goa:l Take time to slow down and experience something you cannot see but something beautiful that you can feel.

(I didn't put the whole thing up. I don't want to get in trouble, so I'll only put up the quote and goal, and I'm going to put the source every time I post something from this book, so sorry if it gets repetitive.)

Source: Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year by Demi Lovato

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome quote!
I'll make sure to follow that advice :-)

message 8: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
February 23

Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of someone else.
Judy Garland

Goal: Assess your character. Be certain that you're not modeling yourself after someone, but just being who you are meant to be. Go ahead, be weird because "normal" is boring!

I honestly love that last sentence of the goal! That's either going to be my motto for life or my senior quote! XD

message 9: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
February 24

Courage to change.
Unknown

Goal: What's something you'd like to change about your life or yourself? Find the courage to start making it happen one step at a time.

message 10: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
February 25

No matter what you have been through in life, good or bad, don't take it for granted. There are lessons in every moment of our lives.

Goal: Share your story with someone. You never know how one sentence of your life story could inspire someone to rewrite their own.

message 11: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
OH NO! I missed a few days! XD

February 26

Nothing is impossible; the word itself says "I'm possible."
Audrey Hepburn

Goal: Put your mind to a chore or task today. Turn impossible into possible. Make a list of ways your biggest dreams can one day come true.

February 27

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, for to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

Goal: Focus on what you have inside that makes you beautiful. List 5-10 nonphysical attributes of yourself that make you the spectacular human being that you truly are.

February 28

People need people - we're all in this together.

Goal: Reach out to those closest to you and begin rebuilding those relationships. Step out of your comfort zone and think of ways you can seek support from others.

(There isn't an entry for the 29, so I don't have anything to put for today.)

message 12: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
March 1

Sometimes the greatest gift you can give yourself is a gift you give to someone else.

Goal: Preform a loving act of kindness anonymously. Do something today for a stranger expecting nothing in return and cherish the feeling you get from giving.

message 13: by Valli, Head Moderator (new)

Valli | 421 comments Mod
(Haha, that quote think lasted for such a long time!)

Hey everyone, it's been quite a while since I've been here. I know what your thinking, why hasn't the head moderator been on for such a long time? Honestly, I don't even know really. It just didn't happen. Between school, homework, yearbook meetings, library volunteering hours, and late night work sessions for my school's chapter of TSA, time slipped through my fingers and I lost touch with my virtual life. BUT, I am back! And I will try harder to get online for all of you!

So, to start, let me tell you a little story:

About a month ago, I was reading See How They Run by Ally Carter. It was very good and I finished it fairly quickly. When I did finish it,it was during the first half of the day, so, naturally, I started reading the next book on my shelf, which happened to be Golden by Melissa de la Cruz. As I was reading it the quote, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." popped up. I probably stared at this quote for a good two minutes, thinking, "Where have I seen this before? Was it in my history textbook today or something?" I literally when through the whole day in my head because I swore that I saw that quote earlier in the day. So when I couldn't figure out where I saw it, I decided to look in See How They Run, and guess what? The same exact quote was in it! How crazy is that?! Not only was it in two different books, by two different authors, but I just so happened to read the two on the same day! I really think my brain exploded a little :D

And a little more recently, I found the quote again in Dark Tide by Jennifer Donnelly. What a crazy world we live in! XD

Well, that's all I got for today. I hope to be back soon! (No, I really do! Trust me!)