What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction or Horror - Girl hunted by cult, takes place in Florida or Georgia [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darren (new)

Darren (darynlxm) | 3 comments When: I read this booked back in the early 2000's, probably 03 - 04'

Reading Level: I'd say YA to maybe Adult based on the content.

Plot: A young girl (aged 14 - 16?) has been having hallucinations of a demon or person dressed as a demon for months (its leading up to her birthday, I believe), and at one point, after hallucinating the demon in a mirror attempted suicide by breaking the mirror and cutting herself.

She fails and her parents send her to Florida or Georgia (I remember mentions of swamp-lands and I know it takes place in the US), to live with other relatives. It turns out these relatives are a part of a cult and intend to sacrifice her on her birthday for some nefarious reasons.

She discovers the plan and fights against them to save her own life (though I cant remember how it ended).

Genre: Fiction / Horror / Fantasy (?)

Format: Dead-tree.

Side Note: If I remember correctly, the cover was in dark blues and black with a view of the swamp area. I want to say I remember a raft or boat of some kind but my memory of that is hazy.

The book itself may take place in the late 80's to early 90's.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 96 comments Could it be "Darkness" by John Saul?

The book opens with the scene you're describing, has a cult, and takes place in Florida swamplands.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

message 3: by Darren (new)

Darren (darynlxm) | 3 comments Angie wrote: "Could it be "Darkness" by John Saul?

The book opens with the scene you're describing, has a cult, and takes place in Florida swamplands.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6..."

That's exactly it! Thank you so much for helping me track down this book!

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 96 comments You're welcome :)