Multiverse--Michael Moorcock discussion

Miscellany back up..sort of..

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) yes Bert had mentioned it. I just don't have a facebook acccount.

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) thanks Jack!

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Now it's offline again. Yikes. I am not sure by Bert and the admins had to put the old version offline but I bet it was because of security. Still, this wiki-like version removed yesterday was not really close to the old one.

message 4: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
It would be very cool if Moorcock s Miscellany returns in
April!

message 5: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
I wonder if there has been any filming progress on The Authorized Biography of Michael Moorcock documentary.

message 6: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Yes!

That is such a wonderful collage mixture representing The Multiverse and all other works of Michael Moorcock!

Thanks for the link, it was very good to see it again!

Very cool!

message 7: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Yeah. I am happy to see the Image Hive link in my e-mail!

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Me too, seems like they are working hard!

message 9: by Pietro_Mercurios (last edited Jul 28, 2016 09:06AM) (new)

Pietro_Mercurios | 21 comments Still no sign of a rebooted Miscellany. So in the meantime, some links to news of Mike's recent doings on the interweb thingie.

A short interview recently published in the Financial Times Magazine:

The Inventory: Michael Moorcock

And, from the Evening Standard, site, news of Mike promoting the reissue of, 'Mother London,' 'London Bone' and 'King of the City.'

Moorcock still rocks the literary world

(May have to scroll down the page, past the 'Pokemon Go' story.)

Looks like Mike is busy working on the third volume of, 'The Whispering Swarm.' All we need now is the release date of volume two. ;D

message 10: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Thanks!

It could lead to something good like having the site up without having to worry about it being there.

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Fingers crossed!!!!!

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Have you realized that within a month it will be a year since Miscellany was put offline? Sad realization.

message 13: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Me too. Usually I have never felt at home at any other forum, but at Multiverse, man, I had nearly 2000 messages sent. I came to realize that Michael Moorcock is not just a terrific author but a very very nice person and a wise human being and I have also made many good friends in there. It is the only place I am aware where atheists , non atheists, leftist or right winged people, straight and gay people, literate and geeks ( like me ) get along as a real community of friends.

message 14: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Yes.

Pietro_Mercurios_01 | 76 comments Mod
Pietro here.

The Miscellany was simply one of the best sites that I've ever come across. Of course, I'm biased, but I do miss it and its denizens (those that aren't here), a lot.

(New name because old e-mail provider has folded its e-mail provision)

message 16: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Yesterday was 1 year anniversary of the forum deactivation.
:-(

message 17: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) I am really hoping so Jack. I thought Bert would surprise us after one year but I will have my fingers crossed to December 18th ( alas, the same day my brother was born which is cool ).

Some news about Mike.

“Gloriana” and more book events this week

A chance to see Mike talk about, Gloriana and maybe even get a copy signed, if you happen to be in Austin, Texas, next Wednesday!

'Moorcock speaks and signs “Gloriana” 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bookpeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.'

:>D

message 19: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Still going strong. Very cool!

message 20: by Elwher (new)

Elwher | 3 comments After hoping the old forum would reappear I have decided to join here. I am still working on the wikiverse - mainly relinking images - but I have added some new stuff on the London Bone and Other Stories collection that came out last year.

message 21: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
It's nice to see you, Elwher!

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Welcome Elwher! !!

message 23: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 77 comments Mod
Howdy, Elwher: I hope all's well! Glad you'll be around again.

message 24: by Elwher (new)

Elwher | 3 comments Thanks, chaps!

message 25: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
If, for some reason, the Moorcock's Miscellany website is down for a few years, and if someone does make an Elric television series, it would be nice if the company making Elric does put out a Moorcock website, complete with a member forum, even if it lacks a Q&A do to high traffic. Q&A could still work, though.

I have not heard from Nomads of the Time Streams in a very long time.

Which just reminded me that I need to look up the Savoy website!

message 26: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Staying positive, of course Moorcock's Miscellany might just be waiting to 'spring' upon us with the release of Book II of The Sanctuary of the White Friars...

message 27: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) I really wish that the Miscellany is back for one thing:
the people

In the people I include MM of course because the man was always polite and shared his wisdom and wit with us and was never arrogant and enjoyed being part of the forum like we all did.

There's no website I miss more than the Miscellany. It was just one of the smartest, most benign places on the interweb. Still, glad that we've got this place. I still hope that Berry and Mike resurrect the old site one day.

message 29: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Right 100%.

And for me as well, it was fun a lot of times reading and not posting.

message 30: by Heresiologist (last edited Apr 29, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

Heresiologist | 192 comments Mod
Miscellany seems in some sort of persistent vegetative state. Not much of a pulse in here either.

Wish the Miscellany would install one of the many free, fairly open source, bulletin board or forum systems. Put it in a sub-folder, if need be, until the preferred system comes online.

In the magical thinking department, maybe now that I've finally broken down and joined here, something will happen over at the Miscellany.

message 31: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 77 comments Mod
Howdy, Mr. H! I've assumed many (most?) of the former Miscellanists are over on FB, which I don't currently use. Perhaps you should check there? I concur with your open source board wishes.

message 32: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Welcome H. Good to see you here. Wish we had the miscelanny back.

message 33: by Heresiologist (last edited Apr 30, 2017 08:54PM) (new)

Anthony wrote: "Howdy, Mr. H! I've assumed many (most?) of the former Miscellanists are over on FB, which I don't currently use. Perhaps you should check there? I concur with your open source board wishes."

I'm not a FBer, but I did have some back and forth with Reinart shortly after the Miscellany went down.

Sent him an email not too long ago making the same suggestion about temporary boards or similar stop gaps. Not sure why but no response came. Thought it might have something to do with some script blocking software I was trying out.

message 34: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) I never knew the exact reasons for "shutting down" but you now unravel a mystery, it seems that Reinart was not quite happy with the security level of the old miscellany.

message 35: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Did you know that this was added in May?

Categorical index-

http://www.multiverse.org/index.php?t...

message 36: by Heresiologist (new)

Did notice it, yes.

I believe the regeneration is a one fox effort. And the fox doesn't have a whole lot of spare time in which to move things forward. But progress is being made...

message 37: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Ahh. Good. Good!

message 38: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) 2 years without the Miscellany Ladies and Gentlemen. :-(

message 39: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Maybe will be surprised in 2018 with an Elric series on television, or something, combined with the forum returning or a new Michael Moorcock website to post on. That would be cool.

I do like it here too.

message 40: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) Lemec wrote: "Maybe will be surprised in 2018 with an Elric series on television, or something, combined with the forum returning or a new Michael Moorcock website to post on. That would be cool.

I do like it h..."

That would be awesome to say the least. I hope Elric goes on Amazon prime or netflix ( no HBO ).

message 41: by Lemec (new)

Lemec | 251 comments Mod
Thanks. It would be very cool.

Yes, Elric on Amazon or Netflix would be fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving!

message 42: by Heresiologist (last edited Dec 02, 2017 12:04PM) (new)

Maybe petition the fox to allow a temp solution? Some of the Wordpress forum set-ups look fairly simple.

However, my impression is there is a gratuitously nasty old DB vs. new DB battle holding up, or at least grievously slowing down, progress. So any new Miscellany activity from a temp solution would likely add to the problem.

message 43: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) A petition is a very good idea IMHO.

message 44: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) 3 years now ladies and gentlemen :-(

message 45: by John (new)

John Wyatt | 4 comments Is starting something new on wikia.com worth considering?

message 46: by John (new)

John Wyatt | 4 comments Are the people at multiverse.org communicating with the public at all?

message 47: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (zlogdan) I have Berry on linkedin.

message 48: by Fammann (last edited Nov 05, 2019 07:07AM) (new)

Fammann | 6 comments Does anybody have any news about the Forum.

message 49: by Jack Of Shadows (new)

Jack Of Shadows (jackofshadows) | 38 comments Sadly, it would seem that the old forum at Multiverse.org isn't going to be making a comeback anytime soon as there haven't been any new announcements on the site for over 2 years.

message 50: by Heresiologist (new)

Last time I looked the Twitter feed was about two years stale as well. Maybe the Facebook page has more signs of life, but it's private so I don't know.

« previous 1