Evergreen Park Readers discussion

What's on your reading list?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Wassenaar | 54 comments For those of us who look forward to the colder months to catch up on reading, what's on your list this winter?

message 2: by Bj (new)

Bj Quigley | 9 comments The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Ding Dong! Is She Dead? by Alathia Paris Morgan
The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery by Miguel Ruiz
The Handyman by Christopher Watson

Unfortunately, I can't find most of these in the library system and have asked for them as Christmas presents!

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Wassenaar | 54 comments I know the library has a copy of 'The Rosie Project' for you. Send us a list at adultservices@evergreenparklibrary.org with your name and we can put those titles on hold for you. Unless, of course, you get everything on your list :)

message 4: by Bj (new)

Bj Quigley | 9 comments Thanks! I already have The Rosie Project. I put the others on my Christmas wish list. I didn't see the others in the library system! Can't put holds on them (the two in a series and The Handyman).

message 5: by Bj (new)

Bj Quigley | 9 comments Oops. Ding Dong! Is She Dead? is one of a series that I just referred to. Never checked for Fifth Agreement. Will see what happens on Christmas! :) Thanks again.

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Bailey | 98 comments I am finally getting to "All the Light We Cannot See". It has been on my to read list since it came out and one of our "older" patrons told me that it was the best book that she ever read.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Wassenaar | 54 comments I am picking up 'The Orphan Train' by Christina Baker Kline finally. I really did enjoy 'All the Light We Cannot See' but I would recommend that you read it sometime when you haven't been reading a lot of other WW2 stuff. I believe I read that one not long after reading Kate Atkinson's 'Life After Life' and started suffering super sad WW2 reading fatigue in the midst of it.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna Bailey | 98 comments I am just going to start The Explorer's Guild Volume One: A Passage to Shambhala by Jon Baird and Kevin Costner. This book has an interesting mix of regular text and graphic novel type illustrations. I am interested to see if I find this complimentary or an interruption.