Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Tribute
This topic is about Tribute
Book Discussions > Tribute - December 2015 Book of the Month (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 675 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,

Tribute won the vote for our December 2015 Book of the Month. The following is the GoodReads description of the book:

The #1 New York Times bestselling author presents her latest blockbuster novel, the story of a big-screen legend, a small-town scandal and a young woman caught up in the secrets and shadows of both.

Cilla McGowan, a former child star, has found a more satisfying life restoring homes. So she comes to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley to save the dilapidated farmhouse that once belonged to her grandmother—a legendary actress who died of an overdose more than thirty years ago.

Plunging into the project with gusto, Cilla’s almost too busy and exhausted to notice her neighbor, graphic novelist Ford Sawyer. Determined not to carry on the family tradition of ill-fated romances, Cilla steels herself against Ford’s quirky charm, though she can’t help indulging in a little fantasy.

But it’s reality that holds its share of dangers for Cilla. A cache of unsigned letters found in the attic points to a mysterious romance in her grandmother’s life—and may be the catalyst for a frightening, violent assault. And if Cilla and Ford are unable to sort out who is targeting her and why, she may, like her world-famous grandmother, be cut down in the prime of her life.

Enjoy the book and come back to discuss with us when you're ready.

Happy December,

Sheery, Jonetta and Talya

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5896 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this one. Looking forward to the discussion!

message 3: by DeeDee (new)

DeeDee Headings | 1 comments Nora did not disappoint. Hope others like it as well.

Kristina Santos (lovebear1381) This was a great book! Not like any of hers aren't but, I enjoyed this one a lot.

message 5: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited Dec 01, 2015 05:16PM) (new) - added it

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Hi! I am new here. Well, I should say I have been lurking for awhile but haven't really had time to participate since joining. Figured I would attempt to read this book this month and post my thoughts here.

Nice to meet everyone.

Nice to see you here, Teresa! Looking forward to your thoughts about the book.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 331 comments I'm waiting for the book from the library. Hope I can get to it this month.

message 8: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Im dying to read this one!!!

Loriidae A re-read for me and a nice paperback to hold in my hands for a change. Since buying my tablet, almost all my reading in the last year has been ebooks.

Talya | 726 comments Mod
Ford is one my favorite Beta/Alpha men Nora has written!

In2books (in2book) I'm about 60% in on my current book, then I'm starting this one. I'm look forward to discussing it with everyone.

In2books (in2book) I'm about 20% in on Tribute. I've never read it before and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to discuss...

In2books (in2book) I finished it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. There were several passages that stuck me as cute and/or funny. I've got them highlighted to share, but I wasn't sure when of if we were spoiled free.

Why don't we go ahead and get started, making this now a spoiler zone.

Loriidae I enjoyed the suspense aspect except for the dream scenes which really annoyed me.

In2books (in2book) Tribute. Nora Roberts

Location 1141-1142. "I'm an eatitarian. I'll eat pretty much what you put in front of me."

Location 1325 (referring to how a steak is cooked) "So i can hear it faintly moo"

Location 5665 (referring to a hard to please woman) "Water was never quite wet enough for her."

I think NR does a great job with funny, on topic one liners like these...

Lol! Those are great, In2books. Nora does write clever well.

Loriidae I really enjoyed Spock's antics. I love the way her animals have individual personalities.

message 19: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 20 comments I have just started reading this novel, if feels like a slow burner after coming off reading a galloping read by another author

I loved this quote from Tribute from when Cilla looks at Ford 'Tall, sun-streaked and charming with a faint wash of nerd'.