Better Read Than Dead Book Club discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
Book Related Discussions > December 2015 A Court of Thorns and Roses

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gabriella (gabmore) | 257 comments Mod
Who is excited to read this? Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite Disney movie and is actually what made me read as a kid. I wanted to be just like Belle. I know this is a loose retelling, but I seriously cannot wait!

Grace Lucy | 58 comments Mod
I've read about fifty pages and I'm enjoying it so far. I love Maas and her writing style!

I'm so not surprised that you hot the ground running. Lol.

I've only read chapters one and two, but I can say that so far I do not like Feyre's sisters. I'm still iffy on her dad, but leaning more towards not liking him even though in some ways I feel sorry for him.

Okay so here's what I can tell y'all without spoiling anything or very little depending on what you find spoilery. I LOVE TAMLIN. LUCIEN CRACKS ME UP. This book is amazing. I'm halfway through and just wow. I can't wait for y'all to get to where I am. A non-spoilery quote: "Ask him, he did it." This made me laugh a little too hard. Especially what the he in the quote said in response, but that is a spoiler so you'll have to find out for yourself.

I am obsessed with this novel. Like I cannot stop thinking about it, even though I have finished reading.

I love all the characters (especially Rhysand, who I think will play a much bigger role in the future books), the world, everything. Ahhh!

I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts - especially on who your favourite characters are and why?

If you haven't started, I've written some thoughts down in a review, which hopefully isn't too spoiler-y. Feel free to check it out if you aren't convinced on whether to read it or not (spoiler alert: I want you to)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Now you know why I was waiting for you to finish! I can't stop thinking about it! I would sell my soul for an early copy of the second book!

Is anyone else enjoying this book? Anyone have any thoughts to share? I have so many! I honestly can't wait for y'all to finish so we can discuss! Grace, you and I might have to have an ACOTAR Skype session. It's all I can think about even though I'm reading another book.

Has anyone made any progress?

I need everyone to read this book haha

Grace wrote: "I need everyone to read this book haha"

YES. This is the type of book I would throw at people and scream, "READ THE BOOK!"

Grace (gracex) | 44 comments hey guys. sorry I don't think this book is for me. I'm struggling hard core

Stick with it Grace! I found the first ~80 pages super hard, and then it really picked up :) totally get it if it's not your thing though !

Don't force yourself, but it is worth it if you can make it through. Either way, we still love you!