The Agatha Christie Reading Group discussion

Sleeping Murder (Miss Marple, #12)
This topic is about Sleeping Murder
2015 Books > December 2015: Sleeping Murder

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 121 comments How bittersweet that it's her last one :'(

message 2: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen | 5 comments I love Miss Marple. We have a common love of knitting. Enjoying this book since it was so long ago that I read it.

message 3: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 95 comments Though it was the last Miss Marple published, Christie wrote it during WWII, to be published posthumously should anything happen to her. As a result, it is Christie writing (and plotting) at the top of her form.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim I have started reading this. It is only the second Miss Marple book I have read. The fist was Nemesis

message 5: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim This is only the second Miss Marple book I have read. This first was Nemesis (Miss Marple, #12) by Agatha Christie .

I still prefer Hercule Poirot but overall I did enjoy this book very much and would be interested in reading other Miss Marple books.

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Reija | 41 comments I don't wanna say goodbye.. I like this haunting feeling books which I have read couple lately.

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 121 comments I know that feeling all too well, Reija. There's "Miss Marple's final Cases" still - the short stories if you've not read them as I haven't yet :)

This one is definitely a favourite. Loved the plot, was slightly terrified of it actually. Gwenda and Giles are so precious though. They make me smile. They're just so cute :)

And Aunt Jane always shines :)

Annamarie (planewxgirl) | 59 comments Brooklyn wrote: "I know that feeling all too well, Reija. There's "Miss Marple's final Cases" still - the short stories if you've not read them as I haven't yet :)

This one is definitely a favourite. Loved the plo..."

I agree with you Brooklyn! Well said.

Brooklyn Tayla (bookishbrooklyn) | 121 comments Thank you :D

LovesMysteries  | 9 comments Pghfan wrote: "Though it was the last Miss Marple published, Christie wrote it during WWII, to be published posthumously should anything happen to her. As a result, it is Christie writing (and plotting) at the top of her form.:

Though Sleeping Murder was the last Miss Marple published and was considered by Agatha Christie to be the last Marple book, I consider Nemesis Nemesis (Miss Marple, #12) by Agatha Christie to her the last one. It certainly had that feeling of it being the last Marple book and she appears more aged in this one than Sleeping Murder. And at the end of Nemesis, MM enjoys the money for solving the case, spending it on a whole partridge and a box of marrons glacés. She deserves a little extravagance every now and then.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nemesis (other topics)