Outlander Series discussion

Outlander on Starz S2 > Season 2 Trailer

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 229 comments Starz have posted a trailer for Season 2 on Facebook :)

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/OutlanderTVS...

message 2: by MJ (new)

MJ | 207 comments Omg, I still haven't watched 1 yet!

message 3: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natilia) | 18 comments I can´t wait too! I loved the trailer from start to finish. I admire the ability of Ron and his team to recreate perfectly Scotland and France in the eighteenth century, because seeing Paris was like stepping back in time. Caitriona looks great in French style and more sophisticated than the first season and Sam made me laugh with his French look, is seldom see him with long hair and as befitted taken at the time. But whom I hope to see is playing Stanley Weber Count Saint Germain (Guilty pleasure xD). The part when Jamie touch the Claire's belly is to simply fall in love more and more of this story :)

message 4: by Arlene (new)

Arlene | 255 comments Waiting, waiting, I don't know how patient I can be.

message 5: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments I loved the trailer, Jamie and Claire at the grave was just made the connection to the book for me. I just wish we had met wee Fergus, he is the character I am most looking forward to.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I just saw the trailer! Can't wait for season 2. Just hope they don't split the season up again like they did with the first one.

message 7: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 18 comments According to Variety - Roger Wakefield part cast. Richard Rankin has been named in the article.

message 8: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Rosemary wrote: "According to Variety - Roger Wakefield part cast. Richard Rankin has been named in the article." He is a name fans have thrown around the internet. If the thing you read is not from a producer or the starz network, it is unlikely that he has been officially cast.

message 9: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 18 comments He announced it on his twitter account.

message 10: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 229 comments YES!!

We have a Roger. Great casting choice I think :)

https://www.facebook.com/OutlanderTVS...

message 11: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments I looked it up and was just going to report that I stand corrected, I saw it from an official source. There were pretty big rumors that they had cast Brianna a few months ago, which were shot down by Maril Davis, one of the producers.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments

message 13: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Quiles Simon | 4 comments He is how I imagine William Ransom to look like!

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber Tew (amnt73) | 20 comments I wonder if they are going to stay true to the book? Regarding to the beginning?? (Without spoilers so I don't ruin anything for anyone). I'm going to miss the kilt but I'm loving the French costumes that have been shown in the trailer!!

message 15: by Silverblades (last edited Jan 04, 2016 08:29PM) (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Amber wrote: "I wonder if they are going to stay true to the book? Regarding to the beginning?? (Without spoilers so I don't ruin anything for anyone). I'm going to miss the kilt but I'm loving the French costum..."
They've said we will get Roger and Bree and Claire in the future, but not right at the beginning, the show starts in France.

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber Tew (amnt73) | 20 comments Thank you! I've been trying to find it out and couldn't. I'm honestly glad about it! I was hoping they wouldn't.

message 17: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments We have our Brianna! (I don't know how to post pics so someone else can do that!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/28/...

message 18: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments

message 19: by Silverblades (last edited Jan 28, 2016 10:55AM) (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments I just happened to be home sick today, so I saw the official announcement within minutes of it's release. Fate or God must have a sense of humor...

message 20: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1360 comments She not exactly how I pictured Bree but I think she does look like she could be the child of Sam and Cat. It sounds like she has some acting experience under her belt so she may be great for the part.

message 21: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments I just wish I could find out her age and height...

message 22: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 229 comments According to IMDb she is 5'8. Doesnt mention her age but I have seen a few people on facebook say she is 21, but not sure how accurate that is

message 23: by Amber (new)

Amber Tew (amnt73) | 20 comments I think she'll do, something wowed them during casting and so far they've done a great job bringing these characters to life. They could have done worse, so I'm ready for April to see how she will contribute to Bree!

message 24: by Merry (new)

Merry Miller moon | 50 comments She's beautiful. I don't think it matters if she isn't tall enough. Remember when everyone said that Cait was too tall to play Claire? And, that she didn't have the right eye color. Well, it doesn't matter. We should wait until we see her as Brianna before we critique her.

message 25: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Quiles Simon | 4 comments On the Outlander Series FB page, did you see those post(s) where Herself responded to a fan's disappointment over this actress's looks?

message 26: by Amber (new)

Amber Tew (amnt73) | 20 comments Rosemarie wrote: "On the Outlander Series FB page, did you see those post(s) where Herself responded to a fan's disappointment over this actress's looks?"
I did see that! Did you see the first comment? About one lady reading the books and seeing Bree as a carrot top red instead of Auburn? DG kind of ripped her a new one!

message 27: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments If you look at this picture of them all side by side she does look like a cross between the two of them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

message 28: by Merry (new)

Merry Miller moon | 50 comments The link must be broken.

message 29: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Sorry try this one from twitter

https://twitter.com/MissSusie66/statu...

message 30: by Merry (new)

Merry Miller moon | 50 comments Thank you! The Twitter one worked. I agree-she could be their child!

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments Amber wrote: "Rosemarie wrote: "On the Outlander Series FB page, did you see those post(s) where Herself responded to a fan's disappointment over this actress's looks?"
I did see that! Did you see the first comm..."

They did the same thing with Sam

message 32: by MissSusie (last edited Jan 29, 2016 03:16PM) (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Dee wrote: "Amber wrote: "Rosemarie wrote: "On the Outlander Series FB page, did you see those post(s) where Herself responded to a fan's disappointment over this actress's looks?"
I did see that! Did you see ..."

That's what I thought too they did the same with Sam & Cait and look how perfect they ended up being. I myself have total faith in Ron Moore and if he says she is Bree then she's Bree!

message 33: by Amber (new)

Amber Tew (amnt73) | 20 comments MissSusie wrote: "Dee wrote: "Amber wrote: "Rosemarie wrote: "On the Outlander Series FB page, did you see those post(s) where Herself responded to a fan's disappointment over this actress's looks?"
I did see that! ..."

I agree! They've done a fantastic job in my opinion, so now just waiting for April to see how she works out!