2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > 2016 Challenge Goals

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10511 comments Mod
I know you've been giving this some thought and some of you may be ready to start stating your goals for our challenge in the coming year! I'm still working on mine but will be ready before long.

Since we all have different numbers of series with variable numbers of books within each series, it's impossible to set plain "number of series" goals for comparison. And, we all have different approaches to tackling our TBR shelves and series. We have a common objective in making a dent in those shelves.

So, tell us what you're hoping to achieve with this challenge in 2016? I'll set them up in the Reading Tracker as they're added here.

message 2: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 330 comments 1. Continue/and or get up to date with 25 series.
2. Finish at least 10 shorter series (max 6 books total)

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments 1. Finish / catch up or progress by at least 7 books for 10 series.
2. Only start 5 new series other than those already included in my 2016 series list (to be posted).

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments 1) Read 60 books
2) Read 1 new release a month
3) Complete 5 series

message 5: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 634 comments My goal for 2016:

1: Read 25 books
2: Finish the Lisa Jackson To Die series

message 6: by Sheila (last edited Dec 04, 2015 12:14AM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj)
◆◆ Sheila's Reading Goals for 2016 ◆◆

1. Read at least one book from each of my longer series that I am more than 5 books behind current.

2. Finish at least 15 series

3. Read/listen to the 100 audiobooks generated by a random generator

4. Start 10 new series

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2142 comments My 2016 Goals

Read 125+ Books
Finish/Catchup on 25 series- series with as little as 2 books count
May start 25 +series if 3/4 books in series I already own or can get from library.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

I liked my goals for this year and am going for the same thing as they're still a stretch.

1. Complete or get up to date in 20 series
2. Reach at least the halfway mark in at least 20 series
3. Complete all series with just one book remaining

message 9: by D.G. (last edited Dec 18, 2015 07:57AM) (new)

D.G. D.G.'s 2016 reading goals

Read* 100 books that fit one of these two criteria:
1. Added to my TBR before 2016
2. Next in a series started before 2016

*DNFs will be included in this number, as long as I remove the book completely from my TBR.

I've averaged 160 books over the past 5 years so that gives me ~60 spots for 2016 books which are totally new to me. :)

message 10: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (last edited Dec 19, 2015 06:25PM) (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) Goals for Oct 2015 - Dec 2016
♥ Finish 28 series

Must include:
Alex Cross
Harry Bosch
Rizzoli & Isles
Charley Davidson
Sebastian St. Cyr
Maggie O’Dell

♥ I want to be at book 35 in the In Death Series by end of 2016

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2180 comments I really want to concentrate this year on getting through some of the MANY series that I've already started. I also have a box of anthologies where I only want to read one or two of the stories. So my goals for 2016 are:

- Finish/Catch up on 18 series.

- Read at least one novella/short story each month.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
I've got the same goals as last year as they worked out well for me.

1) Finish at least 12 series
2) Read the second book in a series (at least 12)

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee | 17 comments I overreached last year, so this year's goals will be a lot more realistic:

1) Read at least 60 books
2) Get up to date in at least 2 series (4 books or more left)
3) Stay caught up in at least 1 series (2 books or fewer left)

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

I've created trackers that should cover the goals everyone listed above. Please let me know if I missed any!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) I have around 40 series that I've started and not finished.

1) Get up to date in at least 20 series (with a possible of 1 book left)
2) Finish at least 10 series that have ended
3) Only start a new (to me) series after I've completed #2.

There will be some cross-over between 1 & 2 since a complete of series are ending this year. I'd love to get all 40 series done/caught up but I'm in school so I THINK I can meet my lower goal of 20. We'll see.

message 16: by Karin (new)

Karin Hi, I just found you and am happy since I have a number of series I'm tying to get through. I haven't yet looked at the official series for here yet, but will once a get " a round tuit".

Series I'm already reading and my goals:

Flavia -- all up to date; goal is to listen to Jayne Entwistle's recordings ASAP when they come out

First Ladies' Detective Agency--goal is to read the very next one when it comes out

Brother Cadfael--I've read 10, and my goal is to read one per quarter this year (so 4)

Lucia--I read the first one in January, and my goal is to read one per month until I've read all 7

Agenda 21--goal is to finish the second book in this series, the newest one.

Cinder--to read the prequel, Fairiest, and, when it comes out, the final novella.

Chet and Bernie mysteries--I've only read number 7 because my son gave it to me for Christmas, but my goal is to read 2-4 more this year, depending on whether or not the humour gets stale, so I'm back tracking to the first one. These are not really my cup of tea, but I did laugh out loud at times, the product of growing up in a house with pets.