Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Winner Chosen - Group Read for January 2016

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to ring the new year, 2016 with?

Two nominations to a person, please.

(If you can't remember what we've already read, there's a shelf for that, group-reads, on the group's bookshelf.)

message 3: by Gretchen (last edited Dec 01, 2015 07:12PM) (new)

Gretchen (eab2012) Martyr Martyr (John Shakespeare, #1) by Rory Clements or Root of the Tudor Rose by Mari Griffith Root of the Tudor Rose

Let me know if Tudor Rose doesn't count. I figured since it deals with Catherine Valois and Owen Tudor and the start of the Tudors, it could work.

message 4: by Melisa (last edited Dec 01, 2015 04:19PM) (new)

Melisa My Lady of Cleves My Lady of Cleves A Novel of Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves by Margaret Campbell Barnes or Innocent Traitor Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments We read Innocent Traitor in October; you can nominate something else, if you want to, Melissa.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments Gretchen, Root of the Tudor Rose looks fine to me.

message 7: by Melisa (new)

Melisa Aww, I must have missed it, I was very busy then. Has the group read Alison Weir's The Lady in the Tower, The Fall of Anne Boleyn?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments No, we haven't; that looks like a great nomination.

The threads for our past reads remain open, if anyone reads them later and wants to comment.

message 9: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine I'll nominate At the King's Pleasureby Kate Emerson and At the Mercy of the Queenby Anne Clinard Barnhill.

message 10: by Melisa (new)

Melisa Oh, that's great, I didn't realize that, will keep it in mind when I get around to reading it.

message 11: by Tiiu (new)

Tiiu | 24 comments Heresy by S. J. Parris

message 12: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth I second the suggestion The Seymours of Wolf Hall by David Loades; it sounds interesting.

message 13: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads, Mod #4 (last edited Dec 05, 2015 12:42PM) (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments I'll nominate a couple myself: Legacy by Susan Kay, and The Children of Henry VIII, by John Guy.

I'll be starting a poll later today, so if anyone has any last-minute nominations to make, now is a good time!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments The poll is up, and should be on the front page of the group (at the bottom of the page, right over the photographs section), or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments The winner, in a landslide: Alison Weir's The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments And we'll be discussing it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .

message 17: by Portia (new)

Portia | 29 comments Hello,

I joined this group just a few weeks ago but I am looking forward to following this discussion. I've had this book sitting on a shelf for "ages.'

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments I hope we all enjoy it!