Indie Authors discussion

Author of the Month > December 2015: Albert Yates

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Welcome to December's author of the month spot.Albert Yates

message 2: by Albert (new)

Albert Yates (albertyates) | 27 comments Thanks for having me here. I'll tell you a little about myself, I'm a programmer. Yes, there are programmers who are capable of forming sentences and coherent thoughts, we're a rare breed.

I'm a big fan of all things horror, especially end of the world scenarios. I love the thrill of reading a scary story, building the images in my mind and giving myself nightmares.

I'm currently in the middle of writing my second book. I took part in NaNoWriMo this year to use as motivation to kick start the process of writing.

I look forward to interacting with everyone this month.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Puttonen (mput) | 59 comments What's your favorite end of world scenario, Albert? As we all know, the zombie apocalypse is currently popular and the horror level in that is pretty hard to top.

message 4: by Albert (new)

Albert Yates (albertyates) | 27 comments Michael wrote: "What's your favorite end of world scenario, Albert? As we all know, the zombie apocalypse is currently popular and the horror level in that is pretty hard to top."

I'd probably have to say that I'm a fan of the invasion style scenario from an outside source (aliens) or just a direct annihilation from a mistake that the human race made which destroyed the world we live in.

I find myself reading about things that have happened after the event occurred, how humanity is trying to rebuild itself and deal with the consequences of that action. One of my favourite books of all time is The Road, it's just focused on survival after the world ended.

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 259 comments Albert, I see from your photo that you are a family man. Would you like to tell us something about your life when you are not programming or writing?

Also, when do you find time to write? Are you one of those people who can exist on very little sleep and writes through the night?

message 6: by Albert (new)

Albert Yates (albertyates) | 27 comments I am one of those people who can operate on little sleep, though it does catch up on me at times and I sleep through a weekend.

I have a young family with a girl, 4, and a son who's just about to turn 1. My daughter keeps talking about going to school and riding on the bus but I'm just not ready for her to do that yet. She loves her brother almost too much, she hovers over him like a mother sometimes.

Just about to board a flight to Tampa, leaving all the snow and ice behind. I'm excited for vacation.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1194 comments And the interview is live...
https://creativebarbwire.wordpress.co...

message 8: by Albert (new)

Albert Yates (albertyates) | 27 comments Barbara wrote: "And the interview is live...
https://creativebarbwire.wordpress.co..."

Thanks for posting the interview Barbara.

message 9: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 814 comments Hi Albert. Hope you're having a nice Christmas break. What's your latest book about?

message 10: by Albert (new)

Albert Yates (albertyates) | 27 comments Hi Steph,

The Christmas break was a needed rest.

My latest book is a continuation of the first one I wrote. It picks up right where it ended. There isn't as much of a zombie presence in this story like the first, the threat is there surrounding them but I wanted to concentrate on how people interacted and worked together & against one another in a time of crisis. That always seems to be the best part of a good apocalypse book, seeing how the people affected by it challenge themselves to survive.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Road (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Albert Yates (other topics)