South Shore Readers discussion

Life After Life (Todd Family, #1)
This topic is about Life After Life
Book Club > Discussion: Life after Life

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Dec 01, 2015 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1104 comments Mod
Our January 2016 book is the novel Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.

We will be meeting in person on January 31st in Hingham for brunch and book discussion. Please RSVP to the event if you would like to attend. Event is here: https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

You can also post your thoughts on the book here in this topic.

Lynn | 131 comments I am enjoying this more than when I first tried to read it. It does help for me to be listening in the car. I still find her a bit annoying sometimes. I will admit there were a couple of times I laughed when she repeatedly died.

Joanie | 491 comments Mod
Just started listening this this morning and the audio but I feel like the audio might get a bit confusing. I have the book too, seems like I might be better off reading

I have my copy of the book from the library. I hope to start reading it over the next week.

FYI-- for those who may be looking to buy a copy, I saw a bunch of hardcover editions on a bargain table at the Derby St. Barnes & Noble. They were $6.95 each. It was a table pretty close to the Information desk in the middle of the store.

Ok, I was confused for a bit but I think I have it now. She dies over and over but is born all over again on the same day to the same family? I guess I thought she'd live a different life each time so I was a bit thrown at first.

Lynn | 131 comments Not so much a different life but different choices.

I started reading this book last night! I'm about 35 pages in at this point.

This is the first time in a really long time that I've been done with the book so far in advance. Maybe it's a new trend for 2016! (ha!)

I'm about half way through at this point. Ursula is working for the war office.

I might not be quite done with the book in time for book club. Shame on me!

But, I will still be there!