Addicted to YA discussion

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
This topic is about My True Love Gave to Me
Stand Alone > My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5184 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

Natalie Snow (nataliesnow) | 13 comments I only came to half of the book last year so i´m going to start it again today :)
My favorites of the first half are Midnights by Rainbow Rowell, Polaris Is Where You´ll Find Me by Jenny Han, It´s A Yuletide Miracle. Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins.
They are really cute and I wished they were longer, I still do. :)

message 3: by J (new)

J Got roughly halfway through this and couldn't finish it last year. Rainbow Rowell's was tolerable, but other than that, I pretty much didn't like any of the stories.

message 4: by Hayley (new) - added it

Hayley (imposingdino) | 7 comments I'm about 30%. I loved Matt De La Pena's story. Perfect to read all snuggled up. :) So far I didn't care for Kelly Link's short story. It was a bit to surreal for me. I just started Jenny Han's short. We shall see how it turns outs.

message 5: by Blogger (new)

Blogger Girl | 192 comments maybe I'll find the time to read this... i dunno

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Just ordered this one at the library to pick up on the weekend. Should be fun! I was planning to read this before I even saw this as one of the BOTM's

Mared Owen (maredwyn) | 2 comments 3 stories to go, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying these stories. I'm not the biggest fan of romance, so I was a bit reluctant to pick this one up. So far my favourite is Jenny Han's story, Polaris is Where You'll Find Me. Thought it was stupid at first, but I quickly forgot my grudges, and ultimately loved it! I swear it was inspired by Elf though :') There are some stories that are a bit strange though, such as Kelly Link's story about the ghost boy, and Holly Black's Krampuslauf that played with the idea of Santa being an anagram of Satan... That's a thought. Enjoyed them all the same!

message 8: by BethLee (new)

BethLee | 95 comments I just got this book and cannot wait to read it.

Kelly (unapologeticallya) | 32 comments I read this last year and I really enjoyed it. I think Rainbow Rowell's story was my favorite. But at the same time I remember Kelly Link's story was so strange I feel like I'm still processing it a year later. Really fun reads!

Sarah Nichole | 60 comments I adored this book and just finished reading it two days before Christmas. It really helped me get into the holiday spirit, which I was having a hard time doing this year. Some of the stories hit really close to home with me, while others were very... strange (Kelly Link's The Lady and the Fox) or just not my type.

One of my favorites was Stephanie Perkins It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown (I absolutely loved Marigold and North <3). Another favorite was What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman which hit really close to home for me. I have to say the character that stuck with me the most was Shy from Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena, that whole story just hit the heart strings and I really enjoyed his thought process and the way he viewed things.

I have many favorite parts of this book, I could go on and on. This will definitely be a Christmas favorite for years to come, and I'm really looking forward to the summer edition coming out this summer!