Addicted to YA discussion

Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Frostfire
Series > Frostfire

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Jill (themagicofbooks) | 73 comments I really enjoyed reading this book and will definitely read the next one. I actually just got the three in one book for the Trylle series (Switched, Torn, and Ascend) that proceed Frostfire, so now I am going to have to go back and read it again. I really liked Bryn as a character, especially considering her circumstances, and I loved her relationship, although I am not sure about the lure of Constantine Black...that could go both ways. If you also read the prequel series, it is from a changlings perspective as opposed to a trackers which really helps the character development in both novels.

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) You can actually read the Frostfire Trilogy without reading Trylle tho I'll be reading those next... I read this whole Trilogy and love it so much. Bryn is a powerful kick ass girl that doesn't let anything stop her from the truth. I love the storytelling to that Amanda Hocking tells this story and can't wait for the rest of ya to read the rest!

Jess | 12 comments I'm sorry but Frostfire was a bit of a let down for me. Switched, Torn and Ascend were my most favourite series and I loved the storyline and development, so when I read Frostfire I felt a bit disappointed. My friend told me it was really good and she had read both series so I gave it a shot and I was forcing myself to push through the story. Each book to me had no climax, and Byrn frustrated me a lot. There were a lot of points I didn't find necessary, or were too long. To me it was a lot of talking and no action, and when there was action it wasn't long.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jess wrote: "I'm sorry but Frostfire was a bit of a let down for me. Switched, Torn and Ascend were my most favourite series and I loved the storyline and development, so when I read Frostfire I felt a bit disa..."

I totally agree!! I loved the Trylle Trilogy, and felt this book was such a let down after Trylle.

Brenna (brebooklover) I never read Trylle. I just bought this because I loved the cover. The idea sounded pretty cool though. I was not a fan of Bryn. I didn't understand how she could harp on being so dedicated at being a tracker and how she wanted to promote when she was so ready to give up a job (even when her supervisor said no she still pushed it) to settle a personal vendetta. When she was faced with the person she almost sacrificed her job for she does nothing. She had no redeeming qualities for me. I felt she was just a brat bent on getting what she wanted. I purchased the second one before I read this. Will I read it? I don't know. Possibly. I want to see what happened to the queen. I wish Bryn would just disappear though. I do like the other characters.