Addicted to YA discussion

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
This topic is about Winter
Series > Winter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

bhavi (labookdreamer) | 22 comments Hey guys! Today I am going to be reviewing and discussing Winter by Marissa Meyer! I can’t believe it is over! I love this series so much and I cant bear to part with it! I had secretly been wishing that the last page would never arrive… My thoughts emotions and feels are all scattered right now!

This book was such an amazing and brilliant wrap up to the series and I loved it so much! 5 out of 5 stars! I just first want to say THANK YOU to Marissa Meyer for creating this wonderful, unforgettable series! There were points at which I was laughing out loud and points at which tears were streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably. I made the mistake of reading this in public at times and all the passers-by were just glancing my way nervously while I had my hysteric moments. Also, I picked the worst time to read this as my exams are right around the corner and I cant seem to get over my book hangover.

Check out my full review+discussion on my blog: https://labookdreamer.wordpress.com/2...

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments What a beautiful conclusion to a wonderful series.
I have to admit, this book has a very slow pace in the beginning. Meyer takes her time to give every main character enough chapters so that we have all the information we need. And that's one of the reasons I loved this book so much. There were no unanswered questions left about certain characters when I was finished.
It's been a long time since a book gave me this many feels. It managed to make me scream, frustrate me, make me laugh out loud and yes, of course it made me cry (not going to tell you which part though ;) ).
I loved how Meyer managed to write such a beautiful conclusion. I sometimes feel that authors screw up their final book in the series, but she didn't.
This was a very satisfying read. Also, I'm totally in love with this cover, ugh!

Allison Steadman I have not gotten around to reading this book but I will be reading it some time this month or in January.

Kezia Palmer It was such a beautiful ending to a great series. This is one of my new favourite series and it takes a lot for a series to become a favourite. I loved watching the characters grow throughout the book. I can't wait for Stars Above to come out in February. I wonder which couple is getting married.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved Winter, and I think it was a fantastic conclusion to The Lunar Chronicles! It was just so loaded with feels. I didn't cry but I was a combination of really anxious and excited, and I found myself squealing and laughing a lot. I wish this series wasn't over!! But at least I have Stars Above to look forward to! Which has a gorgeous cover to match the rest of them. :D

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 3.6) by Marissa Meyer

Shelleen Toland I thought it was a great way to end the series. For some reason I was expecting a little different ending. I had an idea that Queen Levana had been drugging Winter for years and that was why she had hallucinations.

B.B. Shepherd (bbshepherd) | 25 comments I really love this series so far. I just got Winter but I haven't read Fairest yet. Should I read that first, or does it not matter too much?

Kezia Palmer B.B. wrote: "I really love this series so far. I just got Winter but I haven't read Fairest yet. Should I read that first, or does it not matter too much?"

I read Fairest before Winter. There were a couple things mentioned in Winter that were in Fairest. I would read Fairest before Winter but that's just my opinion it's not going to wreck Winter for you if you don't read it first.

message 10: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill (themagicofbooks) | 73 comments I fully appreciate the fact the Marissa Meyer wrapped up each of their stories individually and gave a peak at the future, because we have followed them for so long, it would be a crime not to know what is happening to them. It is an amazing ending that verifies enough, but also leaves enough the imagination.

message 11: by Fyre.Katz (new) - added it

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) I just finished Cinder... so I don't think I'll get to Winter but in my pile is Scarlet, Cress, and Fairest to read sometime :P

message 12: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (ashthemagicbookdragon) Still reading Cress, but I can't wait until I start Winter!

Kezia Palmer Whenever I see somebody posting that they're going to read Winter or have read it it makes me so happy!!

Savanna Rodriguez (onceuponatimer8) | 5 comments Kezia wrote: "Whenever I see somebody posting that they're going to read Winter or have read it it makes me so happy!!"

Me too! I have sucked so many people into that series. Marissa Meyer is amazing and I can't wait for Stars Above. :)

Kezia Palmer Savanna wrote: "Kezia wrote: "Whenever I see somebody posting that they're going to read Winter or have read it it makes me so happy!!"

Me too! I have sucked so many people into that series. Marissa Meyer is amaz..."

I know only 55 days and counting!! (Haha I looked up how many days on google I didn't just know that)

Kristie (krussum) | 13 comments Best conclusion to the series! This is one where each book is better than the one before it.

message 17: by Camille ☼ (last edited Dec 08, 2015 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Camille ☼ I really loved the series! Winter is a beautiful conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles. It is very rare for me to find a series in which I love every character, but I can't think of a single on of them that I didn't like, they were all original and funny in their own way. Even the couples did not bother me that much though it usually irritates me when there are so many. I really appreciate that they all get a closure. I'm already sad to know I won't be reading about them anymore!

Also yes, the covers are gorgeous, especially Cress and Winter's, that's a plus!

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SHIP EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS! AND IKO AND KINNEY NEED TO GET TOGETHER IN STARS ABOVE!!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the ending so much! So sad it's over! I still can't decide who my favorite character is Wolf or Jacin I love them both do much!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question what couple did you ship the most throughout the series? I think it's Scarlet and Wolf for me!

Crystal Cant pick lol

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved all the couples except for Cress and Throne. I liked them both individually but for some reason I just couldn't see then together.

Kezia Palmer I can't pick one. I ship them all! It's killing me, who do you think is getting married? I think it might be Kai and Cinder.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's going to be Winter and Jacin!

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments YESSS! I am reading winter and on page 275 but it is so good so far and i love it so much

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Has anyone else realized the Snow White and The Huntsman aspect of Winter and Jacin's relationship

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments Matthew wrote: "Has anyone else realized the Snow White and The Huntsman aspect of Winter and Jacin's relationship"

YESSSS! I love how marissa Meyer put in all these subtle (yet clever) aspects of snow white in winter!

Kezia Palmer Patricia wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Has anyone else realized the Snow White and The Huntsman aspect of Winter and Jacin's relationship"

YESSSS! I love how marissa Meyer put in all these subtle (yet clever) aspects of..."

As you continue reading you'll discover more subtle things that relate to Snow White and the way she adds them is beautifully described.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed!!!

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Especially when Snow had to play dead and Jacin didn't want to kill her

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments Matthew wrote: "Especially when Snow had to play dead and Jacin didn't want to kill her"

Or when Jacin told Winter to run to the lumber sector, just like when the Huntsman told Snow White to run into the woods and hide!

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Yesss so true

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments Marissa Meyer is a genius. Her books should be more well known.

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Ikr she is one of my fav authors (aside from Richelle Mead) i love ger writing and she writes amazing characters

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments Such as Thorne, my future husband

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments I will marry Cress! But i love all of the girl characters. I guess that they are all my book girlfriends and i love them all!

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments We need to figure out how to break up Cress and Thorne so I can get him and you can get her! JK, I love Cresswell so much :)

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Yesss that needs to happen

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments If only thorne was older and we were closer in age. *sighs dramatically*

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Lol XD

Tricia (triciakirbs) | 91 comments Maybe Thornes 21st century clone is out there somewhere waiting for me and isn't to old for me. (I meant to say throne is too old for me :( )

Kezia Palmer Does that mean I can have Thorne then?

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments I got Cress!

Kezia Palmer I'm sure there's a 21st century character from the Lunar Chronicles for each of us :)

Kezia Palmer Okay Matthew you can have Cress!

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments Lol

Savanna Rodriguez (onceuponatimer8) | 5 comments I love all of the characters. I really love Wolfe and Scarlett. <3 le sigh.....

Matthew Fournier (maximummatt) | 17 comments My favorites to least favorites are
- Cress
- Iko
- Thorne
- Cinder
- Kai
- Winter
- Jacin
- Scarlet
- Wolf

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys can have Thorne if I get Wolf!!!

Kezia Palmer Because of all these perfect fictional relationships I have high expectations for a real life relationship.

« previous 1