Horror Aficionados discussion

The Vanishing
This topic is about The Vanishing
Buddy Reads > The Vanishing by Bentley Little

Comments Showing 1-50 of 445 (445 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Addy | 4989 comments Welcome! Feel free to join us! 3 chaps a day but please use spoiler tags if u read ahead. We will be starting in about a week. So far it's Addy, Adamus, and Terry. Been wanting to give Bentley another shot, so here goes!

message 2: by Terri (new) - added it

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments It has been years since I read this but I loved it!

Addy | 4989 comments Good to know;)

Addy | 4989 comments Ok. Now that everyone has the book, the reading can commence! Feel free to start anytime. I'll prob read the first 3 starting tomm. I'll have to check how long the chapters are.

Addy | 4989 comments There are like chapters within chapters...lol. Should be ok though.

Adamus | 806 comments Lol ok I'll probably start tomorrow also Addy

Terry | 4838 comments Tomorrow for me, too.

Adamus | 806 comments I just got Jack Killborn Endurance book looks pretty good I never read his books before, but I heard a lot of good things

Addy | 4989 comments I've read just about everything from kilburn except his serial killer series. Love him!

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Totally butchered his name...sorry,lol.

message 11: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Pg19(view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Dam page 19??? Addy your a beast!!! I thought we were starting today

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Lol. I've been staring at this book which has been laying on my table for a couple of weeks teasing me to read it. The only time I can read is right when I wake up with a cup of coffee, plus I work tonite. No time like the present right?!

Adamus | 806 comments Wait so did you read 19 chapters in a day? Or what?

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments No. I'm only to ch2. Remember, I think I said pg19. There's no way I could read that many chapters! I'm the 3 chaps a day kinda girl:)

Adamus | 806 comments Hahaha lol ohh ok I was gonna say dam your a beast that is like half the day

Adamus | 806 comments Hahaha lol ohh ok I was gonna say dam your a beast that is like half the day

message 18: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yeah, lol. Maybe if I was sitting at the beach without a care in the world, reading my day away. God, id love that...lol. But seriously, the end of chap 2 is funny. I'm liking this.

Adamus | 806 comments I just started so I can't wait

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Well I've read my 3 chaps and it was definitely hard to put down. Guess that's a good thing;)

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "Pg19[spoilers removed]"

I just made it to pg19 also - that was great!

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm on ch5. Any ideas on what's going on? It's kinda weird that ppl are hearing like there is somebody in their home only to discover there is nobody there.

message 23: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm backtracking. Pg 60 (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments I only got to read the first 4 Chaoters yesterday but so far I like it you know the calm before the storm but I'm reading now when I get to chapter 6 I'll give you guys my opinion

Adamus | 806 comments Yea just from what they did it sounds crazy it's probably to get into his head. & I wonder if they had anything to do with that earthquake in Chapter 2?? That guy did say they don't get earthquakes & seemed confused

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "I'm on ch5. Any ideas on what's going on? It's kinda weird that ppl are hearing like there is somebody in their home only to discover there is nobody there."

Good question, Addy. I haven't figured it out yet either. That ch5 is just mean! What a nightmare.

Terry | 4838 comments ch6. So far, this book is more like real life dealings with the insurance company than anything! (view spoiler)

message 28: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Terry, I hope you're right!

Adamus | 806 comments Lol yea I agree Terry but it's definitely one of the reasons I like the book it has that real life what if story you could see really happening

message 30: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, I totally agree Adam. It's a different kind of scary but I like it! Prob gonna be way behind this coming week. I'll be working more plus I'm sick:( I'll try my best to keep up though.

Terry | 4838 comments Addy, I feel your pain and hope you feel better quickly. I woke up this morning with a sinus infection and have only read to the middle of ch8. I doubt that I make much progress the next few days either.

Adamus | 806 comments Wow that's crazy I'm sick too Addy & have work all week so don't worry we'll probably all be behind but hope you & Terry both feel better

message 33: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Aww. Thanks guys! I'm sorry y'all are sick too but it comes with the territory doesn't it? Sick season;( well, I'm glad I'm in good company. We'll figure it out:) I believe I'm still on ch5. Lol.

Terry | 4838 comments Hope you guys are feeling better now. I've still got the crud! I'm assuming that the reference in ch9, pg 127 to The Store, is from his other book of that title.

message 35: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Haha! I just read the comment. It sounds like it is about The Store. Id like to read that one as well. I'm almost to ch9.

Terry | 4838 comments Excellent. I'll put that one on my TBR pile too.

Adamus | 806 comments I have the store too Lmk when you guys want to read that one I heard good reviews about it & I am on chapter 9 but haven't read that part yet

message 38: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Made it to ch10 yesterday. Got the next 2 days off so hoping to gain some ground. Where u guys at?

Terry | 4838 comments I just started chapter 11, pg 150.

Adamus | 806 comments I'm on Chapyer 10,& I got the weekend off so I'm hoping to catch up also I just got done with Castaways from Brian Keene that book was really good & it was even better because the backstory about it. He dedicated it to Laymon & the original story was a short story he gave to his wife for that book In Laymon's Terms & he decided to make a full story out of it & he got the idea from The Beast House it's pretty neat.

message 41: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Cool! I will have to put that higher on my the list

message 42: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Cool! I will have to put that higher on my tbr list.

Terry | 4838 comments Ch11. (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments It's definitely getting crazy now I'm up to Chapter 16 so far I like the book but it seems like the people are so dumb with the common sense stuff. The random insurance agent with no name will tell you to get a dental plan you tell them no the next day your teeth are messed up he tells you about some random stupid plan for not getting arrested under false pretent then you deny it & the next day you get arrested for something you didn't do. I just don't get why nobody thinks it's them first thought ya know? But I wonder if there doing it for money or something else & I think the nameless agent knows so much about them because whenever they all call to complain about something with insurance they will get that random guy who says "half past a monkeys ass quarter to his ba-walls" lol I think that guy might work with them or be him not sure yet but just a theory

Terry | 4838 comments I'm up to ch14, and I agree Adamus. Some common sense is missing!I am enjoying it though, and am wondering how the supernatural connection is going to work out.

message 46: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments It was pretty funny, what happened to Beth. It's just amazing that a dentist would take advantage of someone like that! Terrible. I'm on ch12, hoping to make some progress.

Terry | 4838 comments I'm up to the start of ch19, and things have really picked up. I'll wait here till you have some time to catch up, Addy.

message 48: by Eric (new)

Eric Compton (goodreadscomdenimandletters) | 54 comments Being an insurance agent for a number of years...I found this book highly entertaining.

message 49: by Addy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Thanks Terry! I'm gonna try to get to 16 before work and then maybe catch up tonite.

Adamus | 806 comments Yea I'm at Chapter 17 &!yea this book is definitely interesting & is getting way better & getting really wild

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9