2-3-4 Challenge discussion

A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell, #1)
This topic is about A Perfect Evil
Archives - Group Reads > A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava (Maggie O'Dell #1) - January 2016

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 30, 2016 04:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10931 comments Mod
A killer is watching . . .

The brutal murders of three young boys paralyze the citizens of Platte City, Nebraska. What's worse is the grim realization that the man recently executed for the crimes was a copycat. When Sheriff Nick Morrelli is called to the scene of another grisly murder, it becomes clear that the real predator is still at large, waiting to kill again.

Morreli understands the urgency of the case terrorizing his community, but it's the experienced eye of FBI criminal profiler Maggie O'Dell that pinpoints the true nature of the evil behind the killings -- a revelation made all the more horrific when Morrelli's own nephew goes missing.

Maggie understands something else: the killer is enjoying himself, relishing his ability to stay one step ahead of her, making this case more personal by the hour. Because out there, watching, is a killer with a heart of pure and perfect evil.

Book Discussion

Our series group read begins in January. Who plans to join in?

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Me!

Me, too! I've wanted to start this series for a long time.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments I'm in.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I just caught up on this series this year so will not be doing a reread, but will join in the discussions!

message 7: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa (melissasd) | 1351 comments Put my name on the list!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Maybe? Probably? Serial killers may be hard to resist.

Phrynne | 298 comments Me too. The book is waiting on my shelf:)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be reading this as well... I need to check with my library and see if I need to get on the wait list.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments The first few books of this series reminds me of Tess Gerritsen's early Rizzoli and Isles series.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "The first few books of this series reminds me of Tess Gerritsen's early Rizzoli and Isles series."

That sounds good because I think the first 2 The Surgeon and The Apprentice were the best of that series.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I agree! And for me the first 3 or 4 were the best in this series.

Robin (robinmy) | 2372 comments I'm in! I've been wanting to read this series for a few years but never got around to it.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Yay! I think it is one you will like, Robin.

Ellen | 19 comments I've got it on my list

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments That's great, Ellen.

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I have started A Perfect Evil!

I'm hoping to start once my company leaves.

Phrynne | 298 comments I read it as my first book of the New Year. ( in Australia we start a bit sooner than the rest of the world!)

That's right! You've got a bit of a head start on us:)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I devoured the first four books in this series when I read them in 2008! I hope you all enjoy :)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments I have this one waiting for me at our local public library; will try to pick it up tomorrow, but it may be Monday instead. Looking forward to reading with this group!

I'm starting this tonight.

message 26: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa (melissasd) | 1351 comments I plan on starting it as soon as I finish Indelible by Karin Slaughter. Hopefully that will be today.

That's great, Melissa!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Melissa wrote: "I plan on starting it as soon as I finish Indelible by Karin Slaughter. Hopefully that will be today."

You will be in the right mood for Perfect Evil after Indelible!

Here's the link for the discussion. Questions will be posted no later than January 15. However! Those who'd like to post informal messages may do so anytime in the topic already created.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Finished this last night and am looking forward to the discussion.

Discussion questions are now posted!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 611 comments I finished it today, and I look forward to seeing your comments, since I feel still in the dark on a couple of major issues about the crimes and how many people might have been involved.

Think the Watergate trial: What did they know, and when did they know it?

Same for me, Charlene.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be starting tomorrow.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) How bizarre... part-way through I realized that I read this a long time ago (before goodreads) but didn't log it when I joined. I think I' read the first 3 books in the series... strange. I gave it 2.5 stars.

message 36: by Viki (new) - rated it 3 stars

Viki (vikir) | 638 comments I am hoping to read this in Feb. Will the discussion still be available then?

Definitely! We don't delete discussions and anytime someone participates, we can't help but join in again:)

message 38: by Viki (new) - rated it 3 stars

Viki (vikir) | 638 comments That is good to know.