2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Group Reads > The Black Echo by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch #1) - January 2016

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 30, 2016 04:42AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10512 comments Mod
For maverick LAPD homicide detective Harry Bosch, the body in the drainpipe at Mulholland Dam is more than another anonymous statistic. This one is personal...because the murdered man was a fellow Vietnam "tunnel rat" who had fought side by side with him in a hellish underground war. Now Bosch is about to relive the horror of Nam. From a dangerous maze of blind alleys to a daring criminal heist beneath the city, his survival instincts will once again be tested to their limit. Pitted against enemies inside his own department and forced to make the agonizing choice between justice and vengeance, Bosch goes on the hunt for a killer whose true face will shock him.

Book Discussion

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Our series group read will begin in January! Who plans to join in?

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I am ahead on this one but will join in the discussion when I can.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I'm ahead, too.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I plan to begin, a rank amateur, with respect to this series.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Like Tracey and Jonetta I am already several books in but will join discussion. I will also stop where I am in the series and wait for everyone to "catch up".

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1286 comments I've already read book 1, so I'll join in in February with book 2.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2155 comments I'm not sure.I'm more excited about In Death, I Team and Troubleshooters. If I do too many of these I will feel like I'm in school and it will be more of a chore then fun. Maybe?

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Play it by ear. If it works, do it. If not, that's okay, too.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments I second Jonetta.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2155 comments Thanks, you all work so hard I feel bad when I don't participate.

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2180 comments I've finished the first two books in the series. I'll jump in at book three.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Laura wrote: "Thanks, you all work so hard I feel bad when I don't participate."

As long as you are having fun we enjoy it too! And, you can always come back to any discussion and we will be happy to chat with you at that time.

message 14: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 19 comments Me. I've heard great things about this series.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

We will be starting this in two days! A few of us have already started the series and will join when we reach our next book.

In the meantime, Kris developed discussion questions for the first book in another group. She's agreed to let us use them here BIG thanks!) and they'll be posted in our book discussion group. Here's the link:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments My pleasure as always :)

message 17: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I should start this one in the next week! Yay!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4082 comments Mod
I've started reading and am at the end of Part I. I think it's sad that (view spoiler)

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "I've started reading and am at the end of Part I. I think it's sad that most of the cops and the MEs assistant were so eager to right off Meadows' death as just another OD.

I wonder if Harry hadn..."

Good point.

message 20: by Lauren (new)

At the end of part II, I have to wonder if Bosch being so open with (view spoiler)

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Finished and it was pretty good. Here's my GR Review

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

Can you see me jumping up and down with glee?!?!