SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readalong Suggestions for 2016 > January 2016 Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Hi everyone! It's almost the start of a new year which means that this group has almost been going for a year! That's fairly crazy to me when I think about it but I am happy to say we're still going and we're still, more importantly, reading awesome books.

As December is a Sci-fi month and we're reading Dune and Toll The Hounds that means that January will be a Fantasy month so feel free to suggest as many of the fantasy books that you have in mind to read or on your shelves as you would like and then have a look at what everyone else has suggested and second those which appeal to you!

I will say, please only nominate a sequel if the group has already read the fist book together, otherwise make sure it's a standalone or the first in a series.

Thank you all so much for making this group so much fun for me to manage! Happy reading and I look forward to all the suggestions!!

message 2: by Twerking (new)

Twerking To Beethoven | 4 comments Fantasy, huh? I'll go with The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson

Phil On The Hill (philonthehillexon) Why dont we try a saga about Vikings written by one.
Swords of Good Men
or perhaps a fantasy Western? Bloodrush

message 4: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments I'm keen to try Traitor's Blade

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 60 comments TS wrote: "I'm keen to try Traitor's Blade"

I'll second Traitor's Blade
*high fives TS*

message 6: by Ungar5 (new)

Ungar5 | 25 comments the last book in the Moontide Quartet just came out, that means its time to start the series. so ill nominate Mage's Blood (Moontide Quartet, #1) by David Hair .

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (lexiophile) | 12 comments I'll 3rd traitors blade.

Krazyaboutbooks | 17 comments I nominate Hyperion by Dan Simmons

message 9: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments Michael *Windrunner* wrote: "TS wrote: "I'm keen to try Traitor's Blade"

I'll second Traitor's Blade
*high fives TS*"

*high fives back* :)

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (fitzie94) | 7 comments I'll nominate way of kings Brandon sanderson and second mages blood

message 11: by peggylovesbooks (new)

peggylovesbooks | 36 comments mages blood

message 12: by H (last edited Dec 13, 2015 10:57AM) (new)

H (halm) I nominate Deathless (Leningrad Diptych, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente .

Sounds awesome.

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Carey (janeefficiency) Yes, second on Deathless.

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (fitzie94) | 7 comments I'll second deathless too sounds like it could be interesting

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolepo) I also second Deathless.

message 16: by James (new)

James Chatham (jameschatham) | 35 comments I second Mage's Blood

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolepo) And I'd like to nominate The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu.

Because what people in this group really need is another epic fantasy series to start, right? ;)

message 18: by Alok (new)

Alok Talekar (atalekar) | 5 comments Would like to nominate Mistress of Mistresses

message 19: by Caroline (new)

Caroline The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller

message 20: by Tilly (new)

Tilly | 1 comments "Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures" by Walter Moers

message 21: by Alok (new)

Alok Talekar (atalekar) | 5 comments oh I do love walter moers. so few folks have heard of him, but his books are super awesome! Unfortunately I read everything that he wrote and now I shall forever be sad.

message 22: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Chapman | 2 comments i nominate "the name of the wind" for next month read

message 23: by Che (new)

Che Adventure  (cheadventure) | 1 comments I go for Grace of Kings with Nicole :D

message 24: by Ezequiel (new)

Ezequiel | 2 comments I would like to nominate Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

message 25: by Mo (new)

Mo | 1 comments I would like to read either Mage's Blood or Deathless.

message 26: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Carey (janeefficiency) Ooooo, yes. Also second Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. ^.^

message 28: by Twerking (new)

Twerking To Beethoven | 4 comments Natalie wrote: "Ooooo, yes. Also second Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. ^.^"

Beautiful, beautiful book. One of my all time favs.

message 29: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Hi everyone!! :) Thanks for all nominating some truly wonderful selections. I think that we shall have a top 5 this month but below the top 5 (which I will make a poll for) I have listed all the nominations we have had.

Top 5:
- The Grace of Kings
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
- Deathless
- Traitor's Blade
- Mage's Blood

Rest of the Nominations:
- The Traitor Baru
- Swords of Good Men
- Bloodrush
- Hyperion
- Way of Kings
- Mistress of Monsters
- The Innocent Mage
- Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures
- Name of the Wind
- Twelve Kings

So the poll for voting on the top 5 will open today and end on the 20th! Make sure you go and get your vote in :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.