Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Flames and Shadows - YA/Fantasy 2nd Draft 98k+ words

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Pyrgos (gracepyrgos_) | 1 comments Book’s genre: YA/Fantasy
Word Count: 98k+ (I am in the process of editing my 2nd draft at the moment, and I'm adding to the world count!)
Completed: Draft #2
Title: Flames and Shadows

A MONSTROUS KING STARTED A WAR AGAINST THE MORTAL KINGDOMS.
THIRTY-FIVE YEARS LATER, HE IS WINNING.

Still suffering after years as a slave, Saphira Satharna wants nothing more than to look forward and forget her past. She had once ached for her freedom, and now she has it.
But the Armistice is breaking, and in a matter of moments, Saphira’s happiness is ruined when she discovers she is being sent back to the one place she swore she would never return to. The very place that made her a slave.

Whilst Saphira manages to calm her fear, a race called the Daikan are fighting back—tired of living in a war. And the one person they need for success is sitting right under the King’s throne: Saphira. Thrown into a path she had fought so hard to stay away from, Saphira must step out of the shadows and take her rightful name as the Liberator.

But will she be able to give hope to a land full of sorrow if she can’t even step out of her own grief?

Seeking beta readers for opinions and suggestions!! I am currently working on this, but I feel like I am going mad on my own - never knowing what is good and what isn't.

There are a total of 30 chapters - maybe more!

Please email me at pyrgo18072@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg if interested!! Thank you ahead of time for your consideration - it would mean the world to me!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Zellar | 3 comments Hi Grace,

Goodie, your book sounds wonderful! I would love to beta read for you. I've been looking for an opportunity to get to know other writers, since I spent most of my time holed up in my room with piles of notebooks hiding from the world, plus I love fantasy!

There are a few things you may want to about me as a reader before you decide if you want me as one of your betas though. I can be a slow reader and that has nothing to do with the quality of the writing. I have strong opinions on things, even in books, and am not afraid to share them. And lastly I like to give the kind of answers I would like to receive, detailed and specific with examples when possible.

If that sounds scary I assure you I'm a nice person, or so I've been told. If you're interested in sharing your book with me my e-mail is: emilyazellar@gmail.com

Thanks for posting and I hope to hear from you. :)
-Emily