NovelTea Book Club discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin Antosz, Keeper of the Books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristin Antosz | 81 comments Mod
Happy December everyone! And really what I mean is, Happy Harry Potter-reading/watching/everything!

In case you've never participated in #HPDec with the NovelTea Book Club before, here's how things usually go down:

1. Read Harry Potter-stuff
2. Post about Harry Potter-stuff
3. Fangirl about Harry Potter-stuff

Links, crafts, theories, fanart, fanfiction, questions, spin-offs, news, Pottermore, J.K. Rowling, movies, original books, updated covers, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them-type books — anything goes!

We're pretty low-key around here, as you know; however you want to consume your Harry Potter-ness, go for it. Feel free to link up with #HPDec on any social media, and post what neat HP-related news, links, and goodies you find.

This is our first year doing #HPDec with the Goodreads group, which should be interesting. Last year most of the excitement happened on the Facebook group, as it was all we had at the time. It may be easier to post there this month, as everyone is usually at a different point and posting pretty freely, but the group will adjust as we figure it out.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm planning to read again Fantastic Beasts and have a massive movie marathon during the holidays!

Rachelle (fortifiedbybooks) I've been working my way through the series, one book a month until HP Book Night in Feb., and posting some sort of discussion post on my blog on the last day of each month. I also include a link up so anyone who's interested can share their HP related posts. I'm now reading HP and the Half-Blood Prince, but here's my HP and the Order of the Phoenix discussion post: http://fortifiedbybooks.com/2015/11/3...

message 4: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Cunningham (amkcunningham) | 3 comments I posted this on FB, but I will be watching all of the movies during finals. Then once my semester is over, and I get settled in my new house, I will begin the books :) I haven't read them in such a long time and it's a holiday tradition for me.

message 5: by Kristin Antosz, Keeper of the Books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachelle wrote: "I've been working my way through the series, one book a month until HP Book Night in Feb., and posting some sort of discussion post on my blog on the last day of each month. I also include a link u..."

I love the idea of a discussion link-up!

message 6: by Kristin Antosz, Keeper of the Books (new) - rated it 5 stars

So, Fantastic Beasts movie....I'm intrigued (and hoping to see some of the crazy creatures in the book!)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not super excited that it's set in US (nothing wrong with US, but I loved the british atmosphere in Harry Potter), but I'm following all the news about it! I can't wait to watch the trailer!!

Speaking of which, am I the only one who is disappointed by the new Pottermore?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I am disappointed in Pottermore too! I missed the games and figuring out your house and what wand chose you! But I guess they're going to reinstate the quizzes about your house and wand. They're even going to include a quiz about what Your Patronus Charm is! I still miss the game part though

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, they promised to bring them back, but I totally get you :(

Btw, I watched the Fantastic Beasts trailer and I'm soooo excited!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, they promised to bring them back, but I totally get you :(

Btw, I watched the Fantastic Beasts trailer and I'm soooo excited!!

Jacquelyn | 22 comments I've heard that this film is a hoax. There is no book about fantastic beasts :( It would have been cool though!

Alice wrote: "I'm not super excited that it's set in US (nothing wrong with US, but I loved the british atmosphere in Harry Potter), but I'm following all the news about it! I can't wait to watch the trailer!!

..."

message 12: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva (misseva) | 4 comments Jacquelyn - it's not a hoax, don't worry!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Fantastic Beasts is one of the books J. K. Rowling wrote for charity way back in 2001. Rowling is one of the screenwriters for the upcoming movie, which is coming out in November of next year.

Jacquelyn | 22 comments Eva wrote: "Jacquelyn - it's not a hoax, don't worry!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Fantastic Beasts is one of the books J. K. Rowling wrote for charity way back in 2001. Rowling is on..."

Yay! The YouTube video I watched said it was a hoax and it made me sad. I'm always excited for a new HP <3.

message 14: by Kristin Antosz, Keeper of the Books (new) - rated it 5 stars

I actually just finished "Fantastic Beasts" — a cute little companion and definitely not a hoax! Kinda mean of that video to say that D,:

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved that book (The Tales of Beedle the Bard was my fave though) and I love the idea that Scamander's trilogy won't be the trasposition of a book but the story of a fictional author, how cool is that?! We start from scratch, so I wouldn't say that's a hoax.

message 16: by Kristin Antosz, Keeper of the Books (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finishedThe Tales of Beedle the Bard and enjoyed that more I think. Having those stories just was, wow. Not that I didn't enjoy Fantastic Beasts, but it truly was a textbook. Really excited to see how they interpret it for the movie!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristin wrote: "I just finishedThe Tales of Beedle the Bard and enjoyed that more I think. Having those stories just was, wow. Not that I didn't enjoy Fantastic Beasts, but it truly was a textbook. Really excited ..."
The Tales of Beedle the Bard is great, because it isn't a textbook, like Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch Through the Ages.