Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > December Challenge

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
Our December Challenge reflects this month’s events and consists of reading 5 books.

1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student.

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician.

3. December 16th is the "Boston Tea Party Anniversary" - Read a book that takes place in England or has a British character.

4. December 21st is "Look at the Bright Side Day" - Read a book that makes you happy!

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice.

Have Fun!!

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I am in...I hope I get to finish this one, I have two year challenges I need to finish plus it's finals this month for me...so here's hoping

1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student.

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician.

3. December 16th is the "Boston Tea Party Anniversary" - Read a book that takes place in England or has a British character.

4. December 21st is "Look at the Bright Side Day" - Read a book that makes you happy!

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your

message 3: by Grace (last edited Jan 02, 2016 06:18PM) (new)

Grace (sillymssunshine) | 333 comments Count me in too! We can do this!

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett 12/5/15 4*
Wild Reckless (Harper Boys, #1) by Ginger Scott 12/3/15 4*
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill 12/14/15 4.5*
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway 12/7/15 5*
5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice.
This is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1) by Jennifer E. Smith 12/18/15 2*

message 4: by Karen (last edited Dec 21, 2015 06:36AM) (new)

Karen (readingaway84) | 2519 comments Mod
I'm In!

Completed 4/5

The Plan:

1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student Trust in Me 12/3 - 4*

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician. Art & Soul - 12/12 - 4*

4. December 21st is "Look at the Bright Side Day" - Read a book that makes you happy! - Overruled 12/18 - 4*

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice. Long Way Down 12/9 - 4*

Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5) by J. Lynn Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1) by Emma Chase Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters, #4; Addicted, #3.2) by Krista Ritchie

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I am in...I hope I get to finish this one, I have two year challenges I need to finish plus it's finals this month for me...so here's hoping

Fever (Songbird, #1) by Melissa Pearl 12/1/15

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your

message 6: by Chris (last edited Dec 17, 2015 03:19PM) (new)

I"m in!!

The Only Guy (The Guy, #2) by Skylar M. Cates 12/6 4*

Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally 12/26 4*

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin 12/17 3*

The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney 12/8 4*

message 7: by Erika (last edited Dec 02, 2015 05:09PM) (new)

Fever (Songbird, #1) by Melissa Pearl 12/1/15 4*

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice
The New Girl (Webster Grove, #1) by Tracie Puckett 12/2/15 3*

message 8: by Vega_girl (last edited Dec 19, 2015 01:24PM) (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments 1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student.
November 9 by Colleen Hoover 12/4 5*

Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally 12/16 4*

The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6) by Kiera Cass 12/2 4*

The End Game by Kate McCarthy 12/16 4*

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Dec 22, 2015 04:10PM) (new)

Sarah King (kingbxth) 1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student. 12/11/2015 Winter Journey ⭐️⭐️⭐️

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician. 12/17/2015 Shiver ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

3. December 16th is the "Boston Tea Party Anniversary" - Read a book that takes place in England or has a British character. 12/6/2015 The Geography of You and Me ⭐️⭐️

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice. 12/2/2015 Wolf By Wolf ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith Winter Journey by Diane Armstrong Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 10: by Erika (new)

All Good Things (Webster Grove, #5) by Tracie Puckett 12/3/15 4*

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice

message 11: by Turtlefrog (new)

Turtlefrog | 232 comments 1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student.
Pulse (Collide, #2) by Gail McHugh 12/3/15 (Substitute teacher)

Sabrina the Teenage Book Witch (Sabrinatheteenagebookwitch) | 1 comments I'm in guys.

Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover
The Wishing Pearl (Diamond Estates, #1) by Nicole O'Dell
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins
Saving Wishes (Wishes, #1) by G.J. Walker-Smith
Second Hearts (Wishes, #2) by G.J. Walker-Smith

message 13: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Good to have you Sabrina!!!

message 14: by Erika (new)

Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier 12/8/15 4*

All Good Things (Webster Grove, #5) by Tracie Puckett 12/3/15 4*

message 15: by Chris (new)

Done!

The Only Guy (The Guy, #2) by Skylar M. Cates 12/6 4*

Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally 12/26 4*

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin 12/17 3*

The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney 12/8 4*

Leveled (Saints of Denver, #0.5) by Jay Crownover 12/18 5*

message 16: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Good job Chris!!

message 17: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Yay, Chris! !

message 18: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Done & Done!!! I just want to say that i actually went back and had to fill this one in....I am so wrapped up in the 2015 challenge I completely forgot about this one sheesh.....

November 9 by Colleen Hoover 12/4 5*

Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally 12/16 4*

Women Heroes of World War II 26 Stories of Espionage, Sabotage, Resistance, and Rescue by Kathryn J. Atwood 12/12 5*

The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6) by Kiera Cass 12/2 4*

The End Game by Kate McCarthy 12/16 4*

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Hooray for Barb!!!!!

message 20: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Yay, me!! Thanks, Erika!

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen (readingaway84) | 2519 comments Mod
Congrats Barb!

I finished this one, but I didn't think I would. I just happened to pick up a book with a British character (I didn't think I could find one).

Completed 5/5

The Plan:

1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student Trust in Me 12/3 - 4*

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician. Art & Soul - 12/12 - 4*

3. December 16th is the "Boston Tea Party Anniversary" - Read a book that takes place in England or has a British character. Predestined Hearts 12/27 - 4*

4. December 21st is "Look at the Bright Side Day" - Read a book that makes you happy! - Overruled 12/18 - 4*

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice. Long Way Down 12/9 - 4*

Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5) by J. Lynn Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry Predestined Hearts by Kelly Elliott Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1) by Emma Chase Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters, #4; Addicted, #3.2) by Krista Ritchie

message 22: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments So happy for you Karen!!!!!!

message 23: by Chris (new)

Great job Barb and Karen!!!

I stumbled on my British character too!!

message 24: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Yay, Karen!! I love when I accidentally find exactly what I need!!

message 25: by Sarah (last edited Dec 28, 2015 01:16PM) (new)

Sarah King (kingbxth) DONE!

1. December 1st is "Eat a Red Apple Day" - Read a book where a character is a teacher or a student. 12/11/2015 Winter Journey ⭐️⭐️⭐️

2. December 16th is "Beethoven's Birthday - Read a book where a character is musician. 12/17/2015 Shiver ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

3. December 16th is the "Boston Tea Party Anniversary" - Read a book that takes place in England or has a British character. 12/6/2015 The Geography of You and Me ⭐️⭐️

4. December 21st is "Look at the Bright Side Day" - Read a book that makes you happy! 12/27/2015 Me Before You ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

5. December 22nd is "The First Day of Winter" - Stay home warm and cozy and read a book of your choice. 12/2/2015 Wolf By Wolf ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith Winter Journey by Diane Armstrong Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1) by Ryan Graudin Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 26: by Chris (new)

Yay, King!! Well done!!

message 27: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Great job King!!!!

message 28: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Woohoo, good job!!

message 29: by Grace (new)

Grace (sillymssunshine) | 333 comments I'm back and I'm done!! Looking forward to 2016 reading challenges!

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett 12/5/15 4*
Wild Reckless (Harper Boys, #1) by Ginger Scott 12/3/15 4*
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill 12/14/15 4.5*
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway 12/7/15 5*
This is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1) by Jennifer E. Smith 12/18/15 2*

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah King (kingbxth) Grace wrote: "I'm back and I'm done!! Looking forward to 2016 reading challenges!

[bookcover:The Anatomical S..."

Way to go, Grace!

message 31: by Grace (new)

Grace (sillymssunshine) | 333 comments Thank you! You too, King!

message 32: by Chris (new)

Nice job, Grace!!!

message 33: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Yay Grace!!!

message 34: by Grace (new)

Grace (sillymssunshine) | 333 comments Thanks, guys!