Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

2016 Challenge prompts > A book recommended by a family member

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Mother? Father? Sister? Brother? Aunt? Uncle? Cousin? Whomever you choose, make sure they choose a good book!

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments My niece ALWAYS has a book recommendation for me. In fact, we are usually shoving books in each others hands. This one will be no problem for me!

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I read The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry for this prompt. It was recommended by my mom.

message 4: by Elke (new)

Elke Sisco | 33 comments My sister sent me a book for Christmas that I have not started yet. I'll bend the rule a smidgen so that this will do. :-D

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I think that'll work, unless it's a book you asked her to get you, then not so much.

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I got my mom a random book that looked like she'd enjoy it but I hadn't read for Christmas and she loved it (and used it for this prompt lol) but then lent it to me and said I should read it to. What do you think? Can I count it even though I bought it for her? I didn't read it yet lol

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Of course you can, Tara! She recommended it didn't she?

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments She did! It'd be sort of funny to both have the same book in almost the same category. I just remembered since I hadn't read it she used it in another category (we're doing the choose your own challenge) "a book you received as a gift"

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments She did! It'd be sort of funny to both have the same book in almost the same category. I just remembered since I hadn't read it she used it in another category (we're doing the choose your own challenge) "a book you received as a gift"

message 10: by KLB (new)

KLB (klynnb) | 27 comments The Guilty by David Baldacci

message 11: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Bisaccia [book whisperer] | 194 comments I was recommend to read Wild!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

message 13: by Leigha (new)

Leigha (leighas_life) Funny story, I bought this book first, but my husband ended up being the one to read it, now he wants me to read it. Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher

message 14: by Mike (new)

Mike | 443 comments The Dresden Series! I finished it a few months ago. If you like Storm Front, they only get better.

message 15: by Monica (new)

Monica (mcosselman) The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty Given to me by my best friend, who is like a sister to me.

message 16: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) I'm going with the audiobook version of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, recommended to me by my cousin who is a librarian. I've heard very mixed reviews about this book and I'm pretty nervous, but I'm going to buddy read this with my friend Shannon so that might make it more fun!

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara (velocipedal) | 32 comments My sister-in-law recommended Unwind -- the first book of a YA series that is being adapted into film. Pretty interesting premise.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber | 38 comments I read Room by Emma Donoghue, a cousin recommended it on Facebook.

message 19: by Kim (new)

Kim Erickson (madtroll) | 1 comments My cousin recommended this book and I have to thank him, great book. So Long, See You Tomorrow, William Maxwell