Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
This topic is about Winter
Book of the Month 2015 > December BOTM (Your Choice): Winter

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I so love this series and cannot wait until we read and discuss this final book to this awesome series!

Penni | 167 comments I'm in

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Ugghh...i need to read the second one first.

Rachel Joy This book is sitting on my bookshelf, calling to me . . .
So excited to read it together!

Megan Louise I started this last night! Already adore Winter!! (The girl)

Lara | 18 comments This was a read in another of my groups for November, but it just came in for me at library today. So, this is perfect!

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Wasnt bad but I was disappointed with the ending. I felt there was way too much dragged out and repetitive. I felt there was too much telling and not showing. And at the end I felt there was soooo much left open for another book.

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 11 comments :-(

I want to participate, but I have over 100 people ahead of me on the wait list at the library.
*sob*

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Alison (Lady Coffin) wrote: ":-(

I want to participate, but I have over 100 people ahead of me on the wait list at the library.
*sob*"

Poor Alison. That happens to me all the time. I put the last month's book on hold in October and I still haven't gotten it.

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 11 comments Tracy wrote: "Alison (Lady Coffin) wrote: ":-(

*sob*"

Poor Alison. That happens to me all the time. I put the last..."

I try and remember, but sometimes it falls thru the cracks.
C'est la vie!

message 11: by Camila (new)

Camila (camiquinta) | 38 comments ugh is stopped in Cress didnt get caught in the story :(

Jaide | 18 comments Only have about three chapters left of this amazing book!! Am going to finish it today and write a lengthy review I can assure you!

Crystal | 76 comments This book i cried so much at the end cause everyone was just getting hurt but at least everyone i shipped was happy some wayy i was just like yayyyy but sad it was over :((((

Heather (cagalli1543) I just finished Cress and am about 30 pages into Winter. I'm glad I postponed reading Cress till Winter came out, because I would have died with anticipation!

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Are you guys done with this one? Is it worth reading tge whole series?

Phoenix2 | 69 comments Tracy wrote: "Are you guys done with this one? Is it worth reading tge whole series?"

It is, though Winter wasn't my fav of the series.

Penni | 167 comments I love the series so far - but haven't finished Winter yet.

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Phoenix2 wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Are you guys done with this one? Is it worth reading tge whole series?"

It is, though Winter wasn't my fav of the series."

Oh well. I guess they can't all be great Phoenix. At least you're enjoying the series as a whole.

message 19: by Tracy (new)

Penni wrote: "I love the series so far - but haven't finished Winter yet."

That's good to know Penni. Perhaps i should move this series up my list.

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Tracy the series is good. Its lots of fun and sometimes intense for a YA read. It keeps you on your toes. I would totally suggest it but I must like I said above I didnt like Winter much it really was disappointing.

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Thanks Laura. I will probably read it then. There are just so many and i have no time anymore to read! Very depressing.

message 22: by Emily M (last edited Dec 14, 2015 04:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily M (emilyin1822) | 1 comments I totally enjoyed this book/series. I would recommend to anyone. I felt the idea was so novel, and throughout every book the one resounding thought I had of the whole idea of the story was "COOL!". As a compulsive critic, and a writer myself, I felt these books were very intimidating in how extremely well written they are, and the characters are so much more interesting than the likes of The Hunger Games. I can't wait for the movie!

Okay back to Winter...There was a moment where everything came to a head (view spoiler), a little too early in the piece and the pace I felt was a little rushed from there on. And I felt as though Winter and Jacin were guests in their own story and we didn't get enough of them. But that could just be because we know the others so well, and we've had them for at least 2 books each, and Winter and Jacin for only this one.

Other than those little points I loved this story!

BUT the good news is, Marissa just announced that the originally planned "compilation of all her short stories" (within the series) and one new one, has snowballed into 5 NEW SHORTS! One of which is Cinder and Kay's first meeting told in Kay's perspective, and another is set to be a wedding! (I wonder who's?). EEp! Can't wait till Feb till it's released.

Penni | 167 comments oooooh - I love shorts like that from other perspectives.

I enjoyed the series so far also, and WILL get to Winter before the end of the month.

Phoenix2 | 69 comments Tracy wrote: "Phoenix2 wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Are you guys done with this one? Is it worth reading tge whole series?"

It is, though Winter wasn't my fav of the series."

Oh well. I guess they can't all be great ..."

That's true :)

AnaΣtaΣia | 1 comments I know that I may be the minority in here but I'm sorry to say that this wasn't a good series for me...Even though I didn't like the first book, I kept going because of its popularity and the hope that something would be different in the next book but..alas! I think that if it was a two book story it would be more decent because during each one, the writer kept aimlessly blabbering on and on and that folks got me bored a lot of times...I didn't find the concept truly original, it had some refreshing ideas but the execution was really poor..If I was 10 or 12 maybe I would have liked it more but all in all, I think that there is a limit to the term young adult after all..

message 26: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I really like this series! I'm 40% through Winter and enjoying the plot, even if I think the "romance" is a little annoying and overdone. And I think the book is way too long, mostly because of the overdone romance. however, other than that, I think the whole series is very creative and enjoyable and I love that we get so many points of view in this one :)