What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Cat Lady Mystery. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 7 comments I read this book multiple times and I think it had "Mrs. McPhee" in the title. People think she's strange and there are cats going missing so she gets blamed. She lives in her car, but she's made it interesting-looking inside. People get to know her and figure out that she wasn't the bad person.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments You're Nicked MS Wiz by Terence Blacker ? If you look at the "other editions" section, there are several different names the book was titled.

Was this for children, teens, or adults?
Anything about the cover?
How many years ago did you read this?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Tab's suggestion looks promising. One Amazon reviewer says of "In Jail, Ms Wiz?" (alternate title):

"Lizzie is missing her cat. She's broken hearted at the disappearance, and she gets no sympathy from her elementary school teacher. The only hope she has is that someone will care, and she ends up running away with the heroic "paranormal operative" teacher Ms. Wiz to find help. (So, you're thinking as a parent, running away with what appears to be a homeless woman that sleeps in her car? Yeah, me too).

Ms. Wiz has ideas and immediately contrasts with her regular teacher: she's sympathetic and kind, and despite her strange home, she wants to help. Her magic car enables them to come up with a plan. The plan involves turning Lizzie into a cat with Ms. Wiz's magical powers."

http://www.amazon.com/In-Jail-Wiz-Ms-...

message 4: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 7 comments Yes! something with Ms. Wiz! thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

You're Nicked Ms Wiz (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Terence Blacker (other topics)