Radical Faith discussion

Discussions > Discussions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ImperatriceofGloom, Cheee-kin!!!!!!!! (new)

ImperatriceofGloom | 100 comments Mod
This is where you can all talk about different things that you have to say about different things!

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn christianity is illogical.

message 3: by ImperatriceofGloom, Cheee-kin!!!!!!!! (new)

What makes you think this?

message 4: by Jenn (last edited Jul 18, 2009 04:13PM) (new)

Jenn think about it:

theres a big magic giant in the sky, standing on clouds. he gives you a set of rules and will punish you forever if you break them. he loves you for some reason, even though he constantly tortures his own people. he watches everyone in the world and always knows whats going on. he keeps track of whose good and bad.

sounds alot like a slightly mean santa. and even little kids know santa is just a fairy tale.

message 5: by ImperatriceofGloom, Cheee-kin!!!!!!!! (new)

He is a God who loves us, because more than 2000 years ago he created us! He wants that special relationship with us. But it's the devil, Satan, who brought sin into our world. Now, people sin, and aren't worthy to live for eternity in heaven, a place where the streets are paved with gold, and there are pearl gates. But that's where God comes in. He sent his son, his ONLY son, to Earth to die for us. And now, all we have to do is believe in Jesus, in God, the Holy Spirit, and accept his offer that he's given us to get to heaven and live ETERNALLY with him. All you have to do is BELIEVE, and ask for salvation. He loves you, and he wants you to love him. We are his children, and nothing pleases him more than when we believe and ask for forgiveness for all of the sins we've committed. All you have to do is ASK.

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn if he truly loved us then wouldnt he give us everything without punishing us? and if hes so all powerful, couldnt he just destroy the devil?

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige (paige95) | 22 comments Because the devil is his son two who took a wrong path, and he put us on this earth to test us and see if we can avoid these temptations that Satan gives us. You see Satan is who he is because he wanted our earth life without any choices and everything is set, but Jesus thought God's plan is right and that we should have to make our choices to see if we are worthy. And so Satan left with many other spirits, and they all chose not to get a body. And so since we got a body, they want to make our life miserable. That is what I have been taught. But if we avoid these temptations and pray to God and Jesus then we will go to heaven. I have also been told that non - believers will get to go to heaven and not hell because they did nothing wrong, if you get worried. I believe that hell is for killers and people who have personally seen god and denied him.

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Because the devil is his son two who took a wrong path

but didnt you just say jesus was his only son?

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn and dont worry, im not worried about going to hell, because its not real.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

we r all his daughters and sons! he wouldnt want to kill his family, just like u wouldnt want to kill urs. and it is real u know! although jesus was his one and only true son.

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn if we are all his daughters and sons, then wouldnt that mean we are all brothers and sisters, which would mean everyone marries there brother/sister? seriously, thats why i dont live in alabama.

message 12: by ImperatriceofGloom, Cheee-kin!!!!!!!! (new)

If your gonna still be negative, I'll delete you. Because this IS a Christian group.

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn hey, someone invited me. if you dont want people inviting non-christians, then make it so they cant invite people.

message 14: by Paige (new)

Paige (paige95) | 22 comments Well we think that Non-Christians should be able to join, just not discriminate us.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

and i didnt know u were non-christian. its not like u told me.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "if we are all his daughters and sons, then wouldnt that mean we are all brothers and sisters, which would mean everyone marries there brother/sister? seriously, thats why i dont live in alabama."

yes. some people marry "in-laws".we r all brothers and sisters.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Andie. Nobody really deserves to get into heaven, but Jesus died for our sins. Now all we have to do is believe in him and love him, and we won't be sent to hell where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

message 18: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "hey, someone invited me. if you dont want people inviting non-christians, then make it so they cant invite people."

I think I was the one who invited you Jenn...just try and be a little less aggressive...

Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "if he truly loved us then wouldnt he give us everything without punishing us? and if hes so all powerful, couldnt he just destroy the devil?"

In the beginning He did give us everything without punishment. We just messed it up by breaking the one rule he set in place.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly. It's not his fault, it's ours.

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn how could it be your fault? what did you personally do? nothing. and aaric, it was like, allison i think that invited me.

message 21: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "how could it be your fault? what did you personally do? nothing. and aaric, it was like, allison i think that invited me."

Ok, I wasn't sure, I just hit select all. We personally didn't do anything. It was Adam and Eve that did it. When our parents do something wrong many times the whole family has to pay, not just them.

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn how is that a fair god then? think about it. lets use an example of being at school. your friends all started a food fight. the principle is going to punish all people involved with detention. your friends did it, but you had nothing to do with the food fight. the principle sends you to dentention too. how is that fair, when you didnt even do anyhting???

message 23: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Yes, but what if the principle had a son that doesn't go to your school, and the principle says i'll let my son take your punishment for you because he is willing, but only if you accept it?

message 24: by Jenn (new)

Jenn but it wouldnt matter if his son takes the punishment for you, because you didnt do anything!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

its just like if u mess up, your sister and brother and mom and dad have to deal with it 2!

message 26: by Jenn (new)

Jenn yeah, if i break something in the house, my family would deal with it, but if i stole something, or killed someone, my parents wouldnt be punished. my borhters/sisters (if i had them, lol) wouldnt be sent to jail. no, only me, because i did the crime.

message 27: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Hey, hey calm down Jenn. No need to yell. The world isn't a fair place yo did do something. You were friends with your friends. Guilty by accompaniment. If your friends go and rob a store and you don't know anything about it, you didn't see them do it, and you can prove that you knew nothing, and they admitted that you didn't know, you would still be punished in a court of law.

message 28: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
The calm down thing was for the comment above Allison's btw...

message 29: by Jenn (new)

Jenn no you wouldnt!! the judge wouldnt say 'hey you know some guy who did a crime, there for your guilty of the crime' no! wouldnt happen! my ex-friends brother went to juvie, did his family go to jail for kowing him? no they didnt!

message 30: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
No, you would actually get in trouble. Look it up.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "yeah, if i break something in the house, my family would deal with it, but if i stole something, or killed someone, my parents wouldnt be punished. my borhters/sisters (if i had them, lol) wouldnt ..."

well they would be distrusted because of u. people would think they r like u 2.

message 32: by Jenn (new)

Jenn no you wouldnt. if you didnt do anything, didnt know about the crime, had nothing at all to do with it, you would not be punished.

message 33: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "no you wouldnt!! the judge wouldnt say 'hey you know some guy who did a crime, there for your guilty of the crime' no! wouldnt happen! my ex-friends brother went to juvie, did his family go to jail..."

I don't mean like if you were at home while they robbed the store. I mean if you were in the car and you thought they were running in to get some soda(or pop or soda-pop, depending on where you live).

message 34: by Jenn (new)

Jenn ok, if you assisted in it, then you would be punished. if you knew but didnt tell, you would be punished. if you didnt help, if you didnt know they robbed the place, you wouldnt be punished.

message 35: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "no you wouldnt. if you didnt do anything, didnt know about the crime, had nothing at all to do with it, you would not be punished."

And, yes they would be looked upon badly. Some one had to teach you when you were growing up. Many times the parents are blamed for something their child has done. They don't get punished , but they are blamed. If you are always screaming at your child, then they will grow up to be screamers.

message 36: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "ok, if you assisted in it, then you would be punished. if you knew but didnt tell, you would be punished. if you didnt help, if you didnt know they robbed the place, you wouldnt be punished."

If they came out with a bag of soda and they had stolen the things, but they were hidden, you drive away with them, you will be punished. Even though you knew nothing.

message 37: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Oh, just as a side comment Twilight sucks.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

people will think they r bad parents and didnt raise u up rite..

message 39: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Allison wrote: "people will think they r bad parents and didnt raise u up rite.."

Yep.

message 40: by Jenn (new)

Jenn ok, twilight is kinda stupid.

if you absolutly knew nothing at al, not even the teeniest, weensiest bit of information, you couldnt be punished.

message 41: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "ok, twilight is kinda stupid.

if you absolutly knew nothing at al, not even the teeniest, weensiest bit of information, you couldnt be punished."

Yes you could.

message 42: by Jenn (new)

Jenn why though? if you didnt help at all. didnt know anything at all, why would you be punished?

message 43: by Jenn (new)

Jenn what would the judge charge you with?

message 44: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
it's a term that implies guilt if you know or are with someone who's guilty of a thing.

"It's an accomplice liability...Another example is if you were driving your car and someone in the car had drugs on them without your knowledge, the police could nail you for their actions. They can't charge you as an accomplice because that means you were aiding them on purpose and they can't charge you with conspiracy unless they can prove you two had an agreement..."

message 45: by Jenn (new)

Jenn ok, whatever, US law, wasnt the point of the debate. getting back to the subject: why would 'god' punish you for something someon did half-way across the globe, 4 billion years ago?

message 46: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
No, it wasn't but it made my point, and you have already lost the debate. God is The Just and Righteous Judge, he is the law, and he makes it. My point is made, just concede defeat. Oh, and It wasn't 4 billion years ago.

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn whatever, and how have you won the debate over whether christianity is logical or not?

message 48: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Thats not what I was debating over. I was debating over the punishment thing.

message 49: by Jenn (new)

Jenn oh, well the debate started over whether it was logical or not. which by the way, its not.

message 50: by Aaric, AAIIhahdjaHDJKABDKAAdaa123 (new)

Aaric | 140 comments Mod
Well, i'll give you some reasons as to why it is logical:

The Moral Argument The moral argument reasons from a moral law to a Moral Law Giver. The argument can be outlined:
Moral laws imply a Moral Law Giver.
There is an objective moral law.
Therefore there is a Moral Law Giver.

The Teleological Argument The term “teleological” comes from the Greek word, telos, meaning “purpose.” This argument reasons from design to an intelligent Designer. It can be stated as follows:
All designs imply a designer.
There is great design in the universe.
Therefore there must be a Great Designer of the universe.

The Cosmological Argument This is an argument from creation to a Creator. The term comes from the Greek word, cosmos, meaning “universe.” The argument itself is dependent on the law of causality that says every finite thing is caused by something other than itself. The cosmological argument can be summarized as follows:

The universe had a beginning.
Anything that had a beginning must have been caused by something else.
Therefore the universe was caused by something else (a Creator).

« previous 1