Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
This topic is about The Demon King
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima → Start Date: December 16, 2015

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments Michelle and I are buddy reading this one. Feel free to join!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I actually excited to read this because it has been on my shelf for over 3 years. Oops!

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments haha :) I have not read anything by this author before! But I won an ARC of Flamecaster without realizing it was a spin off series of this one. Oops!

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments @Ang: Awesome! You are certainly welcome :D

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I haven't read any of her books either. I'm excited to finally cross this off of my TRB pile.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments Yes, crossing of the TBR pile is wonderful! I plan to focus more on it next year. And I know what you mean, Ang! If only there was more time for reading!!

message 7: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments This series looks SO good and it's on my TBR list, so I must join! :o)

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments haha :) Yes, please do!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ang wrote: "@Michelle - I have some books that need to be read on my bookshelves, too. So much to read, so little time. :)"

That is every book lovers slogan. :)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Welcome Vicki.

message 11: by Ashlyn (new) - added it

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I will probably join. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for awhile now.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ashlyn wrote: "I will probably join. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for awhile now."

If you do then welcome.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I just have to pop in and say that I hope you all enjoy it! It's one of my favourite series. The Demon King starts off a little slow, but the series continually gets better and better. :)

message 14: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thank you, Michelle!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I hope so Sarah. :)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I might join you guys I really need to reread the first 2 books in this series so I can finally finish it :)

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Welcome Brooke.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments I might not start this until Thursday...

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle No problem. I may start this in a few days. I want to finish the book I am currently reading.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments I just finished chapter 3. There is a lot of world building, and it is sometimes confusing. But I'm enjoying it so far.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle That's good. I will start this Sunday. I haven't had a chance to finish my current read just yet.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments That's fine! I don't read very fast anyway :)

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I'm going to be starting this tomorrow.

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments Ang wrote: "I started reading and realized that I started this years ago and for some reason did not finish."

o.o Do you think you will be finishing it this time?

I haven't gotten any farther yet. I've been finishing other books that I'm reading an catching up on my blog posts for December. Maybe I should go read some more now...

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments I'll wait to read your spoilers until I am finished

I've read 10 chapters, and am really enjoying it.

I didn't think I liked Raisa's POV very much, but after the last segment, I kinda do. It's just a little jarring switching between her and Hans since their lives are so different.

Hans (view spoiler)

Raisa (view spoiler)

Rebecca (pagescollective) | 283 comments I'm in chapter 20 right now. Oh my gosh!! So much has happened!

Raisa (view spoiler)

Raisa's father (view spoiler)

Dancer (view spoiler)

The Demons (view spoiler)

Lucius (view spoiler)

Han (view spoiler)