Mind Fuck (The Administration, #1) Mind Fuck discussion

BR- Dec 1st, 2015 - R, Rosa, Meags, Valerie, Jenni Lea, Maygirl & Otila

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Otila (last edited Nov 30, 2015 05:17PM) (new) - added it

Otila Are we all ready to be mind fucked?

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready.

message 3: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea I almost forgot about this!

* A Reader Obsessed * Let's do this!! Thanks Otila!

message 5: by Meags (last edited Nov 30, 2015 08:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meags I better write something random so that I get the group notifications...

message 6: by Otila (new) - added it

Otila R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Let's do this!! Thanks Otila!"

you're welcome!

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ Soooo people really lie this book, right?

Meags Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ wrote: "Soooo people really lie this book, right?"

Apparently. It's taking a while to get going. My head hurts from all the info I'm trying to retain. I bet it culminates in an awesome way though.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ That's what I'm hoping. The massive amount of info is the reason I normally avoid dystopian novels.

* A Reader Obsessed * I'm sure I'm a bit behind but I liked that Warrick wasn't fooled by Torreth's false identity.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "I'm sure I'm a bit behind but I liked that Warrick wasn't fooled by Torreth's false identity."

I liked that too. And you are probably at about the same place I am. RL has really been in the way.

* A Reader Obsessed * I think all of us have been inundated lately.
Poor neglected books and us.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ I don't think I've gone this long without reading for months. I still have my audio, thank goodness, but I really hate not reading the way I normally would.

message 14: by Otila (new) - added it

Otila Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ wrote: "I don't think I've gone this long without reading for months. I still have my audio, thank goodness, but I really hate not reading the way I normally would."

Exactly this.

message 15: by Otila (new) - added it

Otila I started last night but only read the first chapter.

message 16: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea I haven't even started yet.

message 17: by Meags (last edited Dec 02, 2015 05:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meags I'm at ch5 and it's definitely living up to its title. The relationship dynamic is full of mind games and one-upmanship, which is fun, but potentially annoying. I have no idea where this story is going.

* A Reader Obsessed * I agree Meags! I see the start of some major back and forth.

message 19: by Meags (last edited Dec 02, 2015 05:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meags R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "I agree Meags! I see the start of some major back and forth."

The problem is I'm not sensing any feels at the moment. Neither of the MCs are particularly likable...yet. It may be my own issue because I'm also reading lots of fluffy and adorable xmas reads which are at the opposite end of the m/m spectrum. We'll see.

* A Reader Obsessed * Well if that's the case then good thing we have plenty of holiday cheer to offset potential dismal angst. Does anyone else know the general course of this?? I have no clue.

message 21: by Maygirl7 (new) - added it

Maygirl7 RL has been kicking me so that I haven't even checked GR since the 29th I totally missed the start. I'll read a few pages at least before sleeping.

* A Reader Obsessed * It's kicking all of our asses and I doubt it will let up any time soon! At most some of us might be at ch 5?

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ That's where I am. I just started chapter 5

Meags I'm @ ch 7. It's getting kinky, ladies! I'm really not sure if I'm liking this or not. The power play is actually worrying me. I bet by the end I'm obsessed.

message 25: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea Still haven't even started.

* A Reader Obsessed * Come on JL! We're going so slow you'd catch up I no time!

I too am at chapter 7. It's definitely starting to get interesting...

Meags I'm @ ch 9 and now it's got a bit of plot going for it! A bit of murder mystery! I do love a good investigation.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ I've come to the conclusion that I'm not at a place, mentally, to enjoy this. Right now, I don't like either of these arrogant asses.

* A Reader Obsessed * Is it only just Meags and I?

Meags We've got this, R!! Never fear. ;)

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ I'm waiting in the wings for your comments. I'm here to root you on. :)

* A Reader Obsessed * Lol. You might be waiting awhile. I've not made any progress past ch 6. We will keep chugging along!

message 33: by Rosa, really (new) - added it

Rosa, really Yeah, I'm a poopy poop who pooped out. I'm sorry, R! After you guys waited for me. :( I just feel like all I can handle right now is fluffy fanfic and audiobooks. Nothing else is getting read, not even Xmas stories.

* A Reader Obsessed * No biggie. We might still be here after the holidays and you can jump right back in!!

message 35: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea Yep. Still haven't started it.

Meags I'll wait at ch9 for you, R! I'm getting no more in this weekend anyway. I have a hot date with Ed Sheeran and thousands of other people tonight. Lol.

I like this story though. It's a bit different from what I was expecting. Darker. Less romantic. But intriguing.

* A Reader Obsessed * Ok that's my goal for the wknd - get to ch 9. Have a fantabulous time at the concert!!!

Meags Once you get up to that we can discuss theories lol

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ Maybe your discussion can push me to finish.

Meags Where did you get up to, Val!?

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ Just the middle of chapter 5 when he was thinking of his payback.

message 42: by Maygirl7 (new) - added it

Maygirl7 I started! I couldn't remember what app I had it in on iPad. lol I'm on chapter 7. It's really intriguing. I'm not sure where it's going to go. :)

* A Reader Obsessed * Maygirl you're going to whip right on by :)
Glad you're liking it so far tho.

message 44: by Otila (new) - added it

Otila I'm still on chap 2 but I'll set my goal to at least ch 9 too :P

Have fun at the concert, Meags!

Meags I've made no progress this weekend! It's been a bookless few days. How depressing!

I had a great night, thanks Otila!

Meags My head hurts. This story involves a lot of thinking on my end. I'm enjoying the investigation (and I have some thoughts on whodunit) but all the corporate talk is tiring and I still don't actually get what/who the Administration is?!? Just me? I'm so slow.

Is anyone still reading this? These messages may go out into the void...

* A Reader Obsessed * You know what? I've actually taken notes. I'm such a dork. Not to scare anyone off but since this is 2000 pages and counting my old brain will need all the reminders it can get!! I'm on ch 10.

Maygirl did you finish.

Meags R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "You know what? I've actually taken notes. I'm such a dork. Not to scare anyone off but since this is 2000 pages and counting my old brain will need all the reminders it can get!! I'm on ch 10."

Not dorky at all! Sounds like a genius move to me! I will be sure to ask you any questions I have. I'm up to ch 15. I got a bit carried away last night.

* A Reader Obsessed * I'm sooooo far behind.

message 50: by Jenni Lea (new) - added it

Jenni Lea I still haven't started.

« previous 1