Literazzi discussion

Group Book Discussions > The Girl on the Train

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 312 comments Mod
Wow, that was a fun read! What did you guys think? It takes awhile to really get going (about half of the book in my opinion), but does deliver in the end!

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 189 comments I felt exactly the opposite: it started out so promising for me but totally fizzled by the end. I read it when it first came out with the thought of having a mystery to recommend, but I was very disappointed. It felt contrived. I sent my rating to Judi and one to you too a few weeks ago.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 189 comments Did you see this won Best Book on Goodreads 2015 in the mystery genre? It had over 106,000 votes.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Yes, I did! We're reading all kinds of favorites, aren't we. Literazzi always seems to be reading the hottest books. . . .

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 189 comments Literazzi is the best! It makes it hard to be humble.

message 6: by Christine (new)

I totally agree!!!!

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 189 comments Did you see they're filming this? Emily Blunt plays the main character.

message 8: by Christine (new)

No, I didn't know about that. WOW! I love her as an actress. But she's way too pretty and skinny. She'll probably have to gain a lot of weight. Oh dear.

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda | 189 comments The author said she worried about Emily being too pretty, but she looked really convincing.