Christian Mom Reads discussion

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
This topic is about Crazy Love
Group Reads > December Group Read: Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makeda (new) - added it

Makeda (makedar02) | 188 comments Mod
Share your thoughts with us on this book.

Rachel Gregory | 3 comments So I just finished chapter 1 of Crazy Love. I think it's funny that the Lord has led me to currently study the book of Job and then the first chapter of Crazy Love talks about the magnificence of God. In chapter 38 in the book of Job, the Lord begins to remind Job of who He is. In chapters 32-37 Elihu too paints the picture of how mighty God is. The first chapter of Crazy Love does the same. Chan is starting by reminding us of how truly great and magnificent God is, just in case we forgot. I like how Chan urges us to stop and just dwell on His greatness.

Rachel Gregory | 3 comments Continuing on..... So chapter 2 of Crazy Love shows us to really consider living every moment as though it was our last. Chapter 3 we start to receive encouragement by seeing how much God really loves us. I like how chapter 3 ends by asking us do we truly love God or just the stuff that comes with Him?

I sat and thought about this for a minute. How much would it hurt if my child only loved me because of what I gave her. In contrast, how wonderful would it feel to know that my child really deeply loves me for me.