The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
This topic is about Winter
Buddy Read Winter

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 1571 comments Anyone who is/ will be reading Winter in Nov/Dec of 2015

message 2: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Nov 30, 2015 03:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments So, I'm on page 383, but I plan to put it aside for a couple days. Here are some of my thoughts so far:

Spoiler is up to page 383! (view spoiler)

Ok...that's it for now. Let me know how your reading goes. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the book. I'm really enjoying this one so far.

Mary-ellen (missy666) | 545 comments I'm reading it too! I'm up to page 500 and I'm really enjoying it. I did think it was a little slow to get going, but I'm finding it hard to put down now.

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments I know! I was at that I can't put it down stage, then I decided to wait for others to catch up a bit. It's going to be tough! Fortunately, I have another book I can finish off in the meantime.

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 1571 comments Ugh, my life has exploded! I can't read hardly anything!

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments Colleen wrote: "Ugh, my life has exploded! I can't read hardly anything!"

No worries, Colleen! Real life has to come first. I had a really slow reading month in November and it'll probably be slow in December too.

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) I started Winter last month and I still haven't finished it. My reading has been pretty slow these last two months. I am taking some time off this month so hopefully I will be able to get tons of reading then. I am more than half way through Winter though. I am praying that hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

Silvia Turcios | 395 comments I am planning to start it tonight. I have been very busy these last days. but finally the day I have been waiting for so long is today :-)

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Dec 09, 2015 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments I'm on page 640 right now. I'm really enjoying it, even though it is sooo long! I also started it last month PinkieFairy and have not had much reading time over the past month or so. I'm hoping to finish tomorrow.

Page 566 (view spoiler)

Did everyone hear that they are releasing a book of short stories for this series in February? It is called Stars Above and it is going to include an epilogue for Winter. I've already read the first three shorts that are included, but I can't wait to read the rest.

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Kristie wrote: "I'm on page 640 right now. I'm really enjoying it, even though it is sooo long! I also started it last month PinkieFairy and have not had much reading time over the past month or so. I'm hoping to ..."

Yes I actually have it on my wishlist for Amazon I think. Definitely looking forward to that.

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Even though I was extremely tired last night I was able to read and I then was able to read comes more this morning on my way to work (thank goodness the bus got stuck in some traffic. I usually hate that but since I got a chance to read it's was fine this morning). I am a little more than 100 pages from the end. I am so excited to see how it all comes together.

message 12: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments We seem to be around the same spot, PinkieFairy. I'm on page 715 out of 823. I'm hoping to finish tonight, but it depends how much time I have. I stayed up reading last night and I'm so sleepy today. I hope I get something accomplished!

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Kristie wrote: "We seem to be around the same spot, PinkieFairy. I'm on page 715 out of 823. I'm hoping to finish tonight, but it depends how much time I have. I stayed up reading last night and I'm so sleepy toda..."

I am actually hoping to sneak in some reading while I am at work. Heheheh!!!! SHHHHHHHHHH!!!

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) I just finished it. I actually woke up early this morning just to finish the book. :)

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments I keep planning to finish, but I've had a couple of really busy days. I didn't even pick it up yesterday!

message 16: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Dec 15, 2015 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments I finished also, PinkieFairy. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great ending to the series.

For anyone that was planning to read it, but hasn't gotten to it yet, I highly recommend it.

I'm looking forward to reading Stars Above next. It is a book of short stories for this series. I've read a couple already, but some are new. It has an epilogue for Winter too. :)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 231 comments I think I'm way behind y'all but I'm on it and enjoying it! I'm at about 20% on my Kindle....on the way to Lunar....

message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments Oh, excellent, Tracy! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I definitely got to a point where I did not want to put it down.

Tracy (tracylemos) | 231 comments Ok, good! I'm looking forward to it! I hope to make good progress tonight! It's definitely big at over 800 pages!

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 1571 comments Sorry I doubt I'll be reading it any time soon, all sh!t has hit the fan with my health.

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Should we all make plans to meet back again next years with Stars Above comes out? LOL!!!!!

message 22: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristie | 4612 comments Colleen - Sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok.

PinkieFairie - I'd love to buddy read it with you at some point!

Tracy (tracylemos) | 231 comments I've just broken over the half way point and now I don't want to put it down.