Bell Awards for Early Literacy Discussion Group discussion

2016 Discussion Book: Dec 1-15

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melody (new)

Melody | 33 comments The CLEL Bell committee is approaching decision time! This will be our last discussion post before we gather to determine the 2016 Short List! Please share your opinion about the books below, or look back and add to past weeks' discussions.

Have you used any of these book in a storytime, or read them with your own children? How do they support early literacy and the five practices?

This week's discussion books are:

Read: How to Share With a Bear by Eric Pinder
How to Share with a Bear by Eric Pinder

Write: My Leaf Book by Monica Wellington
My Leaf Book by Monica Wellington

Talk: Duddle Puck the Puddle Duck by Karma Wilson
Duddle Puck The Puddle Duck by Karma Wilson

Sing: Mother Goose's Pajama Party by Danna Smith
Mother Goose's Pajama Party by Danna Smith

Play: Tickle Monster by Edouard Manceau
Tickle Monster by Édouard Manceau

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cleland | 17 comments I love Karma Wilson, but does anyone else avoid this book in storytime because they're afraid they might slip up? Or do I just have a sailor mouth (when I leave work)? :/

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (treetrunk42) | 5 comments I used Tickle Monster this past week in three different story times: Ones, Twos and a 0-5 storytime. It was amazing each and every time. With the Ones we tickled and found body parts, with the Twos and the 0-5 Group we also talked about what the shapes were turning into.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (grandmagippy) Thanks for your comment about Tickle Monster. I've revamped my youngest storytime to include children birth-3 and it's been a struggle for me to find the appropriate length book for this group. I'm using this title to kick off Winter storytimes in January.