New Adult Book Club discussion

Floating (Ray Point #1)
This topic is about Floating
Archived Read it Review it 2015 > #187/15 ~ Floating (Ray Point #1) by Michelle Dare

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Micheala (last edited Jan 12, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments #187/15
Title: Floating (Ray Point #1)
Author: Michelle Dare
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Formats ~ Mobi - straight to kindle please add authormichelledare@gmail.com to your approved list.
Copies ~ 25
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis:

Fear wasn’t a fleeting emotion for Lucy Abrams. It was something she felt every day of her life. The night she almost drowned was seared into her memory, marking the beginning of her problem with anxiety. Her oceanfront home and the crashing of waves against the shoreline served as an ever-present reminder of her past. Until the day she saw someone on the beach whose very presence calmed her.

Ellis Sullivan was a recent law school graduate, spending the summer with his best friends at his family’s beach house in Ray Point. It was their last chance to have fun together before they entered the workforce. Summer was supposed to be full of days on the sand and parties at night, but that changed the day he first saw Lucy. She walked into his life and rendered him speechless. He knew he’d never be the same.

A relationship between the two was unexpected, but their connection was strong. Not everyone thought they should be together, though. Lucy’s ex-boyfriend, Gabe, wasn’t ready to give up on a future with her. After all, he was the one who saved her life.

Love and trust came together to help Lucy find the peace within that she had searched for since that terrible night. Only with the right person by her side was she able to move on, beyond the fear that had ruled her life for far too long. The person who made her feel like she was floating.

To sign up please leave your email and what format you'd like. Once copies go out you will have three weeks to Read and Review the book, and please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread!

If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from the list and allow someone else to review it. Thank You

If you have an outstanding review message from me, please reply before signing up for more. If you have three or more outstanding reviews, you will not be allowed to sign up for more until you clear the list

2. Michelle - michelle.v.rij_63@kindle.com
3. Marie - dulores_@kindle.com
4. Michelle - mtchen79_42@kindle.com
5. Louise - louiseg33@kindle.com
6. Claire - Claire.moynan@kindle.com
7. Lauren - lmitchell3003_9@kindle.com
8. Kelly - dixoncain@kindle.com
9. Lynette - peachy100777_39@kindle.com

10. Joanne - davies13_15@kindle.com
11. Rebecca - rhotard141hla@kindle.com
12. Melissa - Missydamiao_5@kindle.com
13. Crystal - hotdamn_9_18@kindle.com

message 2: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (aimeelynn116) | 102 comments I'd love to read this!
khunsaker04_79@kindle.com

Michelle van Rij (chelles_life_in_books) I would totally like to read this one! michelle.v.rij_63@kindle.com

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie Andersson | 4 comments dulores_@kindle.com kindle please.:)

Michelle | 73 comments mtchen79_42@kindle.com

Louise | 109 comments I would love the chance to read and review this.
louiseg33@kindle.com

Claire | 252 comments Claire.moynan@kindle.com, mobi please

Lauren (lauren_21) | 61 comments lmitchell3003_9@kindle.com mobi please :)

Kelly Cain (kellycainauthor) Kindle please dixoncain@kindle.com

message 10: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Peach (nettiepeachy) peachy100777_39@kindle.com. Mobi plz thank you xxx

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 30, 2015 01:56PM) (new)

davies13_15@kindle.com

Rebecca Bonvillain East | 41 comments Kindle please. rhotard141hla@kindle.com

message 13: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Joanne wrote: "davies13_15@kindle.com

When they are sent out, a post will be made with the due date

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Micheala wrote: "Joanne wrote: "davies13_15@kindle.com

When they are sent out, a post will be made with the due date"

Thanks

message 15: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Joanne wrote: "Micheala wrote: "Joanne wrote: "davies13_15@kindle.com

When they are sent out, a post will be made with the due date"

Thanks"

Sorry I was rushed before. As a better response: three weeks from when you receive it. So around the 21st, give or take a few days.

Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut) (melissadamiao) | 27 comments Would love to read this one! And I've never done this before and would love the chance!!
Missydamiao_5@kindle.com

Do these get sent straight to your kindle through the kindle email address? Forgive my cluelessness I've just never something this before:)

message 17: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Melissa wrote: "Would love to read this one! And I've never done this before and would love the chance!!
Missydamiao_5@kindle.com

Do these get sent straight to your kindle through the kindle email address? Forgi..."

Yes. But be sure to add authormichelledare@gmail.com to your safelist to ensure the book arrives

Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut) (melissadamiao) | 27 comments Okay will do! But what is a safe list

message 19: by Crystal (last edited Nov 30, 2015 07:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal  | 145 comments hotdamn_9_18@kindle.com

message 20: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Melissa wrote: "Okay will do! But what is a safe list "

Sorry, approved list. I dont use kindle so I dont have all the terminology lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...
Scroll down for the Your Approved Personal Document Email List part

Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut) (melissadamiao) | 27 comments Micheala wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Okay will do! But what is a safe list "

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom......"

Awesome thanks so much! I did it so all is good :) so I should see it on my kindle then? And would you say iBooks is easier? I do use that more often

message 22: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Melissa wrote: "Micheala wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Okay will do! But what is a safe list "

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom......"

yes when it is sent it should show up. Let me know if it does not.

I don't use ibooks either so I cant say for sure. Thanks to google I just learned that it supports epub and PDF. For other RIRi books, I would imagine it could be sent to your email and then you could load it to your ibooks.
But for this RIRI in particular no, because the author has only offered mobi copies straight to your kindle.

message 23: by Derna (new)

Derna | 5465 comments Mod
The author has sent out copies to members who have signed up so far. Please remember that you have until 22nd December (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy!

Rebecca Bonvillain East | 41 comments Left my review...can't copy it here. Really enjoyed the book! Thanks again

message 25: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Rebecca wrote: "Left my review...can't copy it here. Really enjoyed the book! Thanks again"

Thank you so much for your review!!

message 26: by Derna (new)

message 27: by Derna (new)

Derna | 5465 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "Left my review...can't copy it here. Really enjoyed the book! Thanks again"

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Michelle van Rij (chelles_life_in_books) I'm so sorry! I didn't read and forgot to add the address to my approved list. I fixed it now. Could you please send it again.

message 29: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Michelle wrote: "I'm so sorry! I didn't read and forgot to add the address to my approved list. I fixed it now. Could you please send it again."

I just sent it to you. :)

Michelle van Rij (chelles_life_in_books) @Michelle I received it. Thank you! :)

message 31: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Michelle wrote: "@Michelle I received it. Thank you! :)"

Oh good! You're welcome!

message 33: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Kelly wrote: "My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Thank you for your review!

Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut) (melissadamiao) | 27 comments So I finished floating and posted a review but how do I post the link here? I do this through my phone so not sure if I have to log onto a computer

message 35: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Melissa wrote: "So I finished floating and posted a review but how do I post the link here? I do this through my phone so not sure if I have to log onto a computer"

Yes. Here is your review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

This time I did it. It showed up on my main page's newsfeed so easy to get to :)
But yes, in the future your link gets pasted here so the mod running the thread can see that you did indeed do it and can cross you off the list. I'm not sure how or if it even possible to do it on the app. If you use your phone, you can always use the browser and access the desktop version from it to be able to get the link. That way you can still use your phone rather than find a computer if that is easier

Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut) (melissadamiao) | 27 comments Awesome thanks so much!! :) I was just about to use the desk top version, don't know why I didn't think of that lol I'll figure this out for future reviews. Do I still need to post it or I'm good for this one?

message 37: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Melissa wrote: "Awesome thanks so much!! :) I was just about to use the desk top version, don't know why I didn't think of that lol I'll figure this out for future reviews. Do I still need to post it or I'm good f..."

You're good for this one since I posted it. I marked you off the list

message 40: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Thank you all for your reviews!

Michelle van Rij (chelles_life_in_books) I really enjoyed this book. Thank you for the great opportunity to read it. Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....

message 43: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Thank you for the reviews!!

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily Gardiner | 6 comments would love it give it a read- Emilygardiner93@kindle.com

I've never had a book sent to my kindle before will it just appear on the homepage?

Louise | 109 comments I really enjoyed Lucy's story. Thank you for the chance to read and review it. I will put a review up on amazon uk and usa.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 46: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Anyone who has not posted a review yet, please do so soon as they are due in a few days. Consider it a christmas present to the author

Lauren (lauren_21) | 61 comments I haven't received a copy. I was going through my reviews as had a feeling there was one due and then realised. Is it too late to read and review. Sorry I didn't notice sooner.

message 48: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Lauren wrote: "I haven't received a copy. I was going through my reviews as had a feeling there was one due and then realised. Is it too late to read and review. Sorry I didn't notice sooner."

Hi. I just emailed the author so let's hope the book comes your way. Just checking, did you add authormichelledare@gmail.com to your approved list?

message 49: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Lauren wrote: "I haven't received a copy. I was going through my reviews as had a feeling there was one due and then realised. Is it too late to read and review. Sorry I didn't notice sooner."

I just resent the book. If you don't get it please let me know. :)

message 50: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Dare (michelledare) Thank you for all of your reviews! I really appreciate it.

« previous 1