Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Daughter of Deep Silence
This topic is about Daughter of Deep Silence
Daughter of Deep Silence > Monday: Chapters 1-7 (pg 1-55)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod

message 2: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
Okay so this one started out with a bang for sure! I want to know why the senator and Grey would lie about what happened. Where they involved or did they simply make the best of it, trade their souls as it were. No matter what their lie killed Libby. I'm hoping from the way she talked about him, that Grey is innocent just forced to follow along and maybe he'll recognize her if not right away maybe later if something blooms (and he's not a total psycho tool bag).

I don't know about this taking over Libby's life. I get the paperwork thing but to hide it from everyone not just the government is a bit out there. I'm glad he was able to take her in though and help her. It seems he did really care for her and wanted her to have a good life.

I'm feeling the revengeful vibes. I'm with her you can try to move on but when the ass hat starts milking it....nope all hope of leaving it lay is gone! Really they made a movie and they re-lived it. WTF? Even if they lied they still know what really happened deep down so if they have any soul at all they know how wrong it is.

Oh and I feel bad for Shepherd. Poor guy. I feel like he should have been brought in the loop. Also she has lost herself and all that she was by becoming Libby.

message 3: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
I had no idea what this book was about, I never read anything about it or saw it on any blogs. And I'm glad for that because the book definitely started with a bang and it's great not to be influenced in any way.

I am so scared for Frances. I think losing herself to become Libby for revenge could backfire. I understand why she did it, and I am glad Cecil took her in considering that she would have ended up going from foster home to foster home, never getting the treatment counseling she needed. I just wish she didn't try so hard to become Libby as she was. Especially since Libby was so young and would have changed through her teenage years. I think that window of time was the perfect opportunity for Frances' to grow into the person she would want to become.

My heart aches for poor Shepherd who was left out of everything and not understanding why things between him and Libby changed so drastically. I think Cecil should have told him and included him in the plan. Maybe not right away because Shepherd was so young, but as he grew up and was responsible enough to run the business, he should have been told.