Let's Talk Love Stories! discussion

Archives(Challenges) > Christmas List!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
Hello everyone! description

For this Christmas, we arranged a Pick-For-Me challenge.
You can either give a link to your bookshelf to select three books from OR you can simply state your preferred genre(s)/trope(s) and expect three surprise choices by December 25th (Who doesn’t love surprises, right?) ;)

It’s all about fun so you don’t have to worry about any time limit.
Just…
description

Sign up below and check in before Christmas to find out what will be on your Christmas reading list.
Last date for sign-up is 18th December.

message 2: by Ipshita (last edited Dec 09, 2015 06:20AM) (new)

description

Jenn
Maureen
Vivi
Megan
Andrea
Angela
Lucy

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 170 comments this sounds fun! I like surprises. my favorite genre is paranormal romance

message 4: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (ryrou) | 3 comments Ohhh, I love this. I'd like some surprises please :D
My preferred genre is contemporary romance.

message 5: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 53 comments This sounds good! Count me in! I love suprises (who doesn't?!) :)

the genres I really like are: young adult, a bit of distopian, fiction/paranormal and most of all contemporary romance.

For me a story/book has to have LOVE in it.

But I don't really like historic romance or classics (most of it, anyway).

I love books that make me think and feel. I also love original plots and out of the ordinary characters.

Don't like stupid characters (i've encountred mostly girls) that "think" they are in "love" with more than one person... and don´t get me wrong, one thing is being confused, other is saying they love both at the same time... it just get's on my nerves and ruins the love story for me (one example is That Boy)

So... sorry if I sound hard to please... anything with a good love story and characters will probably do.

here's de link to some of my favorite books (if it helps): https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I'll look forwad to the 3 christmas surprise choices. Can´t wait ... :)

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganburchfield) This sounds really fun. I love historical romance, but I'm open to anything.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Oooh I'm in!! I just love this kind of games! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 8: by Ipshita (new)

Welcome to the challenge! description

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela DeSilva (goodreadscomangela-desilva) | 30 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

This is my list, some of them are library books that I must read ASAP, so this is going to be fun having someone pick for me. These are all historical romances and one western historical romance. I also love thrillers and horror and crime but I did not put any on this list since this is a romance group! I wonder if I have enough here in the list?

message 10: by Ipshita (new)

Welcome, Angela! Well, you have until 18th December to add more books to your shelf in case they're not enough :)

message 11: by Lucy (last edited Dec 09, 2015 01:45AM) (new)

Lucy (mesdupmoi) | 106 comments Hey, sign me up please!
Please choose books from this list; https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
But, please, choose a book that is first in a series or a stand-a-lone. There is nothing worse than reading a book that's halfway through a series! (Unless of course I am halfway through the series - Dark Tower is an example!) Thank you all, and Merry Christmas!!

message 12: by Ipshita (new)

Got it, Lucy. Welcome to the challenge :)

message 13: by Ipshita (new)

description Jenn
Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh

description Maureen
The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield by Ninya Tippett Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Do-Over by M.K. Schiller

description Vivi
Open Season by Linda Howard Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1) by Kelly Oram Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

description Megan
As You Desire (Braxton, #1) by Connie Brockway Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold (Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, #1) by Ellen O'Connell

description Andrea
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

description Angela
A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5) by Lisa Kleypas Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare

description Lucy
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Happy Reading!

message 14: by Ipshita (new)

description Sarbartha
Notes On Cinematography by Robert Bresson Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) by James Patterson The Martian by Andy Weir

Happy Reading!

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 170 comments awesome! so cool. thanks! and Happy Holidays to all!:)

message 16: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 53 comments MY 3 books seam really cool... i didn't know them at all. Really Liked them... THANKS!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! :-)

message 17: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (ryrou) | 3 comments Ooh exciting! Thank you for these picks, can't wait to read them :D

message 18: by Ipshita (new)

I'm glad you all like the picks :D

message 19: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (mesdupmoi) | 106 comments I'll make a start on these soon!

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Marie | 112 comments Hello lucy
I am at this moment not reading a book but I have download a sample of Julia Spencer- Fleming called in the bleak of midwinter. I let you know how the book is. And whether or not I will buy the the book and read the rest of it