What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Romantic/thriller? Female author- two books one story

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keesha (last edited Nov 30, 2015 07:59AM) (new)

Keesha | 2 comments Hello! I have been trying to remember the title and author of a book I read a few years ago, but keep drawing blanks. It's for sure an adult book. It is actually two books that follow the same story. The genre is a mix between suspense, romance, mystery..I know the author is a woman..I want to say her name is Lisa Gardner?..but I'm not positive. The story starts out in the protagonists narrative when she was a child. I think her name was Ophelia. She lived with her mother who wrote letters to a man in prison. Her mother fell in love with the man (who was really a murderer) and his teenage son moved in with Ophelia and her mom. Eventually, Ophelia and the boy fall in love and run away, but it turns out the boy is really crazy, or a murderer..I know it ends with her escaping him because he is crazy. Then the second story picks up when she is an adult..and the boy from the first book finds her again..can't remember much about the second book. I hope this is enough for someone to know what book I'm talking about..I remember checking it out at the library and really enjoying it..and would love to read again, and find more titles from this author. Thanks for reading!! And for the help

message 2: by Keesha (new)

Keesha | 2 comments Lisa unger- blackout...but I can't find the second part to it..I was sure there were two books

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Link for Keesha's suggestion - Black Out by Lisa Unger.

message 4: by GracieKat (last edited Nov 30, 2015 10:18AM) (new)

GracieKat | 126 comments I was thinking maybe a Lisa Jackson book? She has several series and some are two-books things

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Keesha, are you saying that Black Out is definitely one of the books?

Four Thrillers by Lisa Unger: Beautiful Lies, Sliver of Truth, Black Out, Die for You is described as "Four thrilling novels by bestselling novelist Lisa Unger are now available as one complete series." Here are the individual book links - Beautiful Lies, Sliver of Truth, Black Out, and Die for You.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
No response from Keesha in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.