What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > High Fantasy Trilogy ; Soldier sent to retrieve young wizard from neighbouring country. Wizard turns out to be a megalomaniac, takes over entire country, the soldier creates a rebellion that eventually takes him down

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

A friend is looking for this book and I vaguely remember it, but can't give a title.

I'm looking for a trilogy I read around 2001. Soldier sent to retrieve young wizard from neighbouring country. Wizard turns out to be a megalomaniac, takes over entire country, the soldier creates a rebellion that eventually takes him down. I remember it hada sequence where a procession of soldiers were ambushed in the snow, and they sacrified themselves for the wizard and MC to escape.

The soldier is helping a group escape somewhere and there's a young girl and woman with them. The young girl dies and the woman is his lover for a while. At one point he marries a rich woman, and she has a miscarriage/the baby dies while he is on campaign with the wizard.

There were a lot of sex scenes.

I'm pretty sure the first book is actually narrated by the soldier or the wizard and starts with him imprisoned.

The soldier carries a blade with a plain hilt and pommel. He doesn't like fancy ones as he thinks the quality is lesser.

message 2: by Summer (new)

Summer | 252 comments I hope this one gets found, it looks good!

message 3: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 49 comments It does sound good.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Charlie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Ensign (new)

Ensign (ensignbell) | 28 comments This is the Seer King Trilogy by Chris Brunch
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments The Seer King for future reference.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

holy shit. I haven't touched this app in ages and here is the answer to a question that's been bugging us...

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments That's it?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
OP's account deleted. Moving to NWNK.