New Adult Book Club discussion

Archived Monthly Group Reads > December Non-Contemporary Group Read ~ Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Our Non-Contemporary Group Read for December is Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . This book is scheduled to come out December 1! As this is 1.5 you should read Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout first (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...).

Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Experience the epic love story of OBSIDIAN as told by its hero, Daemon Black…

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that humans can’t be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. ‘Cuz they are.

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has, and I can't stop myself from wanting her—or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I’m the strongest of our kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl…she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger enemy—the Arum, and I need to stay on my game.

Falling for Katy—a human—won't just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that’s one thing I’ll never let happen...

message 2: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments I cant wait to buy my copy! It'll either be tomorrow or Friday. I am so anxious to read this!!!

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments I read this in a day, I got the digital version so had the first 3 books in the LUX series in Damon's POV. I LOVE DAMON BLACK, and I loved seeing in his mind more and his side of the story.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Started reading it, finally. I think I prefer his version more than the original. Definitely doesn't feel like the typical alternate POV stories that seem exactly the same.

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Greer (lyns8705) | 1 comments I just joined the group & found out you guys were reading Oblivion! Just read it & loved it! I love the entire Lux series & this was a great edition. JLA did a great job getting Daemon. I liked how unlike a lot of alternate POV's she didn't follow the other books exactly. We got to see what he did without Katy qhen they weren't around each other & to show us how Daemon felt about things. Great book!

message 6: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments thats something I enjoyed as well