New Adult Book Club discussion

November 9
This topic is about November 9
Archived Monthly Group Reads > December Contemporary Group Read ~ November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (last edited Nov 29, 2015 11:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee | 851 comments Our December read is November 9 by Colleen Hoover

November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Micheala | 1457 comments Colleen did it again! This book was awesome. Different than her other ones, but different good. Im not usually a fan of romances that span over the years like that but this was really good, unique and all around adorable!! I remember reading this is one go.

Lauren-marie I actually had this delivered today :D x

Derna | 5266 comments Mod
This book grabbed me from the very first page. Every page left me wanting more. It was such a captivating read. I love Ben and Fallon and whatever feelings they where feeling I was feeling it right with them. I loved the connection and the relationship that they had it was beautiful, romantic, intense, touching and moving.

Colleen creates such genuine characters; she is an amazing storyteller and has such a way with words, which flow off the page and makes them feel effortless and almost poetic, and I just loved that.

Carlene Inspired (carleneinspired) I have this on my TBR list, now that I just noticed it's the monthly read I will have to get on top of that. :)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth) Colleen outdid herself with November 9! It was fabulous! It's not very often that a book literally makes my jaw drop to the floor, but N9 totally did. I'm so glad it lived up to the hype!

Angie (strippedmiller) I didn't like it as much as I thought I would! Disappointed me since I was awaiting for this so much. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Stella Maria (stellamariax3) | 19 comments I read this book the week it was released (because she's my favorite author) and got much more than expected! Loved the bookworm feeling of it, loved Ben, loved the realness of it I guess.

This book ranges close with Ugly Love and all of her other books (except for Confess unfortunately)

Can't wait to post a review on it soon!

Lauren - SERIESous Books (seriesousbookreviews) | 65 comments I will admit it started a little slow to me (all the insta-love vibes I got) but WOW, once I got past the first November 9, I couldn't put it down!

I definitely enjoyed this one more than Confess and I would say it is definitely in my Top 3 Hoover books for sure!

Carlene Inspired (carleneinspired) I loved it, so so much. I have it as my number 1 book of 2015, it was that good. I have to admit, it's much better to read it without checking people's reviews. I had so many doubts due to reviews and it was way better for me than it was for others.

Derna | 5266 comments Mod
Carlene(Inspired) wrote: "I loved it, so so much. I have it as my number 1 book of 2015, it was that good. I have to admit, it's much better to read it without checking people's reviews. I had so many doubts due to reviews ..."

I agree. I don't read reviews before reading a book. I like to go in only knowing the synopsis so that I don't have any doubts.

Carlene Inspired (carleneinspired) Derna wrote: "Carlene(Inspired) wrote: "I loved it, so so much. I have it as my number 1 book of 2015, it was that good. I have to admit, it's much better to read it without checking people's reviews. I had so m..."

That is usually how I am as well and I should have known better!