Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading Novemeber 30?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
I'm starting this week with Corrupt by Penelope Douglas, Macarons at Midnight by M.J. O'Shea, and The Christmas Throwawy by R.J. Scott.

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
I spent the last few days rereading some SEP: Lady Be Good, Call Me Irresistible, and The Great Escape. I enjoyed all three, and liked TGE better on the second read (I think its closer to women's fiction than the other two).

I'm torn now between more SEP rereads and something new. I guess I'm in the mood for checking comfort reads.

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1275 comments I'm currently reading Moonstone Conspiracy. At first I didn't like it because the heroine was horrible and nasty in the first book, but the more I've got to know her the more I like her. She's doing undercover spy work for England and the hero is a spy as well.

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1184 comments I'm reading the lost lords of Pembrooke books. Half way through the second one... Lord of Temptation

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I just finished the first S Game On (Out of Bounds, #1) by Tracy Solheim ports Romance in a series by Tracy Solheim,

For me it was only a 3-star read, not bad just OK. Not much football at all, and the stereotypical jock who can't make a commitment with all his baggage....

I have read the first chapter in the second book, Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2) by Tracy Solheim and it might turn out to be a more interesting story.

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I'm reading A Curious Beginning, which is good but so far not great, and Elizabeth Hoyts new book.

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Manda, I'm in the mood for re-reads too. I've been reading Agatha Christies lately. Tomorrow I'm getting Burning Bright: Four Chanukah Love Stories and Clockwork Samurai, so I'll have some variety to choose from.

BTW, any print readers on this thread? I was browsing Cyber Monday deals and saw that JQ's upcoming Because of Miss Bridgerton is only $5.50 in print on Amazon.

message 8: by Manda (new)

I just read those, Charlene. I liked the first one more than you did, I think. I started out disliking the second one, but ended up liking it a lot. You're right that there's not much football in those two. The third one, about Brody Janick (sp?) has more actual game action. Even with their problems, I graded high because they were so readable. I blew through them.

message 9: by Manda (new)

Also, thanks, Theresa, for the heads up on the JQ price cut! Christie is more a comfort watch than a comfort read for me these days but I definitely see the appeal. :)

message 10: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I liked the Solheim books too. They were 3.5-4.0 stars for me--not great but eminently readable and entertaining. I finished the Hoyt and thought it was wonderful--one of my top reads in the series. I also read Tessa Dare's Lord Dashwood Missed Out and thoroughly enjoyed the characters.

I am still reading and rereading Christmas books. Today I reread a old Judith Arnold with an interesting conflict about religious belief, rare in a non-Inspy and an anthology with a cute premise but a rather mediocre execution. Next up are a couple of February releases--Linda Goodnight's second Honey Ridge book (I loved the first one and hope this one will be as good) and A Gentleman's Game by an author you all know (Her initials are T. R.):)

message 11: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I just finished The Stolen Mackenzie Bride by Jennifer Ashley and loved it. I think I'm going to read All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke next to get into the holiday spirit.

message 12: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I liked the Hoyt. I think the next one may be more interesting--not sure she can redeem The Duke of Montgomery but Bridget seems fascinating.
Now I'm reading the new Harrison and while I'm at the start I like it a lot...

message 13: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1184 comments I don't think I've read any of the spindle cove series??! Are they good!?

message 14: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I don't think I've read any of the spindle cove series??! Are they good!?"

The Spindle Cove series is one of my favorite historical series. Tessa Dare's books have great humor, but they are more than just lighthearted romance. I recommend the series highly.

message 15: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1184 comments Thanks Janga! Going to download some today!