Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > December 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 168 (168 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6165 comments Mod
We are starting a new month (((:

Monday- Matt
Tuesday- Tamara
Wednesday- Gabriel
Thursday- Mary Kate (aka Me xP)
Friday- Danny
Saturday- Lee
Sunday- Emily

Okay first week's topic is: "A Virtue Often Misunderstood: Understanding." Now I have no idea where this is going for u argued this being the next topic. Although this was the one God wanted. So we'll see (;

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus Christ,
Please hear my prayer dear Jesus, forgive me and always be with me. Help this prayer to be heard by you today.
We ask you for tour blessing and love during this upcoming December. Help us to remember you are always there and please comfort us and lead us in every decision we make. Help our life show forth of you and be our guide continually!! Let our words be the ones you'd have us say and let our ears and hearts be open to receive them and apply them to our lives!
please guide us out and away from temptation and bring us those things we need to have. We love you with all our hearts Lord and we give you our everything.
With your power and your blood,
we love you my Jesus,
Amen

((((: God bless y'all!

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments Monday, Nov 30 - Understanding

I'll be brief -- I'm out of town burying my stepmom today.

As a guy, I have a natural tendency to "fix" things. Sometimes though, all that's needed is a listening ear. It seems like the challenges of this world are overwhelming at times. It's unclear where you're headed, there's no clear direction from God.

That direction you need is in the bible, but understanding requires the Holy Spirit. You can't understand what you're reading without that.

So pray to be filled with the Spirit as you read this month's bible reading.

message 3: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Matt wrote: "Monday, Nov 30 - Understanding

I'll be brief -- I'm out of town burying my stepmom today.

As a guy, I have a natural tendency to "fix" things. Sometimes though, all that's needed is a listening..."

Sorry about the loss of your stepmom. God speed...

message 4: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw wow, so sorry to hear that, Matt! Prayers for you all!! Great message!! Thank you!

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) December 1, 2015: “A Virtue Often Misunderstood: Understanding”

When I read the theme for this week’s devotion I immediately thought of when the Bible talks about faith and works. These two things are very often and mistakenly separated. The Bible clearly states that faith without works is dead, and that we cannot be saved by works but through faith.

Let me expound on that a little more. We are not saved by the things we do, lest any of us should boast that we saved ourselves. We are saved through Christ, and then He gives us the faith to believe in Him. If we were saved by our own faith, we would also have something to boast in, God is the only one who is capable of granting us salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

However, this is not all there is. Remember that the Bible also says faith without works is dead. If you have faith in Christ but just sit back and let everybody else do the works, then your faith is dead and will not save you. Your words may be stating that you are saved, but your actions also state your true intentions. This reminds me of the saying “Actions speak louder than words.” So just like works alone won’t save you, but faith alone won’t save you, for if it has no works, then it is not the faith given to you by Christ.

James 2:14-18 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Let’s remember today that we can’t save ourselves, we are dead in our sins and only Jesus Christ can resurrect us from our state of death. He is in control, not us, but we can learn with His help, to practice our faith with works and do what He has called us to do on this earth. Amen!

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) AMEN!

message 7: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Tamara wrote: "December 1, 2015: “A Virtue Often Misunderstood: Understanding”

When I read the theme for this week’s devotion I immediately thought of when the Bible talks about faith and works. These two thing..."

Tamara, I thoroughly enjoyed today's devotional :)

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes!

message 9: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Yes!"

How's Haley, the party girl? :)

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Totally awesome!! I mean, I was just partying last night. lol I went totally crazy!! jk not really. i didn't party last night. I wish i did though. Partying is just AWESOME!!
How about you?

message 11: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Totally awesome!! I mean, I was just partying last night. lol I went totally crazy!! jk not really. i didn't party last night. I wish i did though. Partying is just AWESOME!!
How about you?"

I'm not a party animal :) I'll watch though ;)I will be partying the 5th...:)))

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Aww, too bad. I am so a party animal!! Parties are just awesome....food, drinks, music, boys. :) Whats happening on the fifth?

message 13: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Tamara- Oh, that was terrific Tamara!!!! Amen!! Brilliant work!!! The basic beginning of understanding ((:

message 14: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Aww, too bad. I am so a party animal!! Parties are just awesome....food, drinks, music, boys. :) Whats happening on the fifth?"

I'm retired, I don't have time to party :)The 5th ????? ;)

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) You just said that you will be partying the fifth. ;)

message 16: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "You just said that you will be partying the fifth. ;)"

You have keen eyes... :)

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ;) can you tell me? or is a secret???

message 18: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments You saw nothing... ;)

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Okay, all right, I saw nothing.

message 20: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Okay, all right, I saw nothing."

:)

message 21: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ;) I am going to be driven crazy, not knowing why! lol

message 22: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: ";) I am going to be driven crazy, not knowing why! lol"

Hmmm...*smiles*...good! :)

message 23: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) No! That isn't good!!! ;( *starts pouting*

message 24: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Danny wrote: "Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: ";) I am going to be driven crazy, not knowing why! lol"

Hmmm...*smiles*...good! :)"

Haley, you're a swell sport... :)

message 25: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes, I am. But sometimes that just is not good!! lol

message 26: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Yes, I am. But sometimes that just is not good!! lol"

Think about it... your not a detective?

message 27: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Nope, not even close. Mysteries are my greatest fear! I do Not like them.
So here is a list of some things that might make you party...

Birthday
A Date with a girlfriend
Someone else's birthday
A move coming out
A party for no reason
A Christmas party

message 28: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Nope, not even close. Mysteries are my greatest fear! I do Not like them.

Birthday
A Date with a girlfriend
Someone else's birthday
A ..."

You are quite smart Sherlock...;)

message 29: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) lol thanks! I know you are just being nice. ;) I am not a Sherlock.
Okay, so can you give me a hint and say if it is one of the things on my list?

message 30: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "lol thanks! I know you are just being nice. ;) I am not a Sherlock.
Okay, so can you give me a hint and say if it is one of the things on my list?"

awwww, but that would be too easy *wink* :) Sherlock, now get out your spying glass...you are very close *thumbs up* :)

message 31: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Awww!! No fair!!!
Hmmm....you are visiting family?

message 32: by Danny (last edited Dec 01, 2015 02:18PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Awww!! No fair!!!
Hmmm....you are visiting family?"

You're close Sherlock, but not there yet...ask Dr. Watson for help, your are near, closer than you think... :)

message 33: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Ummm...a hint, please!

message 34: by Danny (last edited Dec 01, 2015 02:34PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments It is indeed on your list, *smiling*.

message 35: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ahhhh now I'm curious xO How about..... Um..... *thinking forever*

message 36: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Ahhhh now I'm curious xO How about..... Um..... *thinking forever*"

;)

message 37: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Come on? ;P

message 38: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) a Christmas party?

message 39: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "a Christmas party?"

No... Could you sleep last night? :) I'll tell you if you will be my friend, deal?

message 40: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) DEAL!!!!!

And, yes, I could sleep but I still thought about it!

message 41: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) This is hilarious!! Just read the whole conversation and now I'm ridiculously curious! ;)

message 42: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hahaha I'm telling you xD

Although, I have an educated guess (;

message 43: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Danny- Is it you and your wife's anniversary the fifth of December? (;

message 44: by Danny (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:37PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Mary Kate wrote: "@Danny- Is it you and your wife's anniversary the fifth of December? (;"

Ohh...silly girl, that's an elementary school guess :( You're not paying attention to the clues ;( The 5th will be here soon... :)

P.S. Already wrote my devotion Monday*twiddling thumbs* :)

message 45: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) It's a Birthday party right?

message 46: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Danny- Aww come on!?!? Ahhh, can you repeat the hints? xP xD

Good job!!! *handclaps* (((:

message 47: by Danny (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:38PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Tamara wrote: "It's a Birthday party right?"

Give the lady a prize!!!!!!!! *throws confetti, does the moon dance, and looking completely ridiculous* But who's? :)))

message 48: by Danny (last edited Dec 04, 2015 08:05AM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments Haley(fabulous/crazy/Daughter of the King of Kings) wrote: "Nope, not even close. Mysteries are my greatest fear! I do Not like them.

Birthday
A Date with a girlfriend
Someone else's birthday
A ..."

Mary Kate wrote: "@Danny- Aww come on!?!? Ahhh, can you repeat the hints? xP xD

Good job!!! *handclaps* (((:"

Look on my profile ;)

message 49: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm going to say it's yours, but I can't find anything on your profile to prove it. Hmm... :/

message 50: by Danny (last edited Dec 02, 2015 09:31PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 194 comments @Tamara
https://www.goodreads.com/DannyLDeaube

You win the door prize! *cheers* Be there (Saturday) or be square! :) *staring at clock waiting*

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.