♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Bookish Talks > December 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Share your current reads here!

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

message 5: by Bonnie (last edited Nov 30, 2015 01:38PM) (new)

Bonnie Tina wrote: "Daughter of Smoke & Bone"

posted in the wrong place earlier, but this was a 5 star read for me. Or actually a 5 star listen as I did it on audible.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah Criswell (lovestar4ever) Reading:(The Selection)(By:Kiera Cass)
(AngelFall)(By:Susan Ee)
(Winter)(By:Marissa Meyer)

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Frazier | 77 comments finishing up Dark Rooms by Lili Anolik then going on to The Pocket Wife by Susan H. Crawford

message 8: by PinkieFairy (new)

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Still on Winter and The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for? (This book I will reading until the last day of this year since I am only reading one chapter per day).

message 9: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) I am reading matched and allegiant!

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 18 comments I'm currently reading Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman and Joyland by Stephen King

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Reading or starting soon -

1 chapter into Deadtown
Almost halfway through She's Come Undone

going to do these december buddy reads -
Jamaica Inn
Two for the Dough
A Christmas Carol

want to read before the month is over -
Murder on the Orient Express
Treasure Island
Clean SweepAt Grave's End

message 12: by Tasnime (new)

Tasnime | 23 comments Reading What Alice Forgot

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Reading or starting soon -

1 chapter into Deadtown
Almost halfway through She's Come Undone

going to do these december buddy reads -
Jamaica Inn
[book..."

good list Erin!

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Frazier | 77 comments finished The Pocket Wife by Susan H. Crawford now on to The House by Christina Lauren

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Currently reading:
- Down the rabbit hole
- Strange weather in Tokyo
- The shape of things to come (which will take forever)
- The man who mistook his wife with a hat

message 16: by Amit (new)

Amit Bathija | 1 comments Currently reading " All the Bright Places"

message 17: by Sohel (last edited Dec 07, 2015 07:03AM) (new)

Sohel Alam | 11 comments 1. The Perks of being a Wallflower
2. A little Life
3. Norwegian Wood
4. Hopeless
5. The Devotion Of Suspect X

message 18: by Steven (new)

Steven (stevop) | 5 comments I'm about to finish Stoner. Fully recommend it to anyone who hasn't had the chance to read it!

message 19: by Lauren ❤︎ (new)

Lauren ❤︎ Upside down in the middle of nowhere

message 20: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashthemagicbookdragon) 1. Dorothy Must Die
2. Zombie Queen of Hearts
3. Cress
4. Legend
5. Clockwork Prince
There's more, but those are my main focus for now.

message 21: by PinkieFairy (new)

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) Madaline wrote: "Just finished " if I stay"."

How was it? Have you seen the movie?

message 22: by TIffany (new)

TIffany (hollynoel06) | 4 comments just read Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
Currently reading The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey

message 23: by Symone (new)

Symone Lewis | 47 comments I am currently reading Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips .

message 24: by Shrihari (new)

Shrihari Maiya | 9 comments Currently reading Scion of Ikshvaku (Ram Chandra Series, #1) by Amish Tripathi

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Just started Never let me go

message 26: by PinkieFairy (new)

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) To whine down this year I have decided that I will just read the quick easy reads on my Kindle. In 24 hours I read No Flowers Required and now I just started Breaking Up with Barrett.

message 27: by Desmondella (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) I'm currently reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I'm not that far into it yet but it seems like it'll be good!

message 28: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Frazier | 77 comments finishing up Grey (Fifty Shades, #4) by E.L. James going to be reading Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11) by Chloe Neill

message 30: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 52 comments Recently read and enjoyed

--a Contemporary Romance, 
Her Backup Boyfriend Her Backup Boyfriend (The Sorensen Family, #1) by Ashlee Mallory by Ashlee Mallory 

--and a Cozy Mystery, 
Pies and Prejudice Pies and Prejudice (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #1) by Ellery Adams by Ellery Adams

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 53 comments It seems I have been in reading mode this past week and a half.

I finished:
Marry Me at Christmas which was a fun light read that takes place in a fun fictional town called Fool's Gold. Sadly as cool as I originally thought Fool's Gold was this story just struck me as "too perfect"

UnWholly which is the second book in the Unwind series which I really like.

Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts. Good old Nora is starting to bore me a bit with the same types of characters over and over. Can't really blame her as she has written well over 200 books.

Friction which was a decent mystery but the main character was a bit too rough in the "romance" department.

Hmm…I'm getting too critical, lol. Actually none of the books were bad just not great….except for Unwholly…I like that series.

Now I am starting The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine about the crash of the subprime market. So far I recognize most of the people in the book as I remember those times very well. I'm sure it will be a good book.

message 32: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I just finished reading James and the Giant Peach. I am now currently reading Black Ice (regular book), The Titan's Curse (Nook book) and All the Light We Cannot See (audiobook)

message 33: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) I am reading The Elite

message 34: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I finished James And The Giant Peach today. So now my regular book is Black Ice.

message 35: by Julia (new)

Julia Ce (juliace) I just finished Widow, Virgin, Whore by Deanna Lynn Sletten Widow, Virgin, Whore by Deanna Lynn Sletten - my review - 12.21.15 - 4♦ - AIDS/HIV, family, sisters, girlfriends, death, acceptance, forgiveness, friendship

message 36: by Tasnime (new)

Tasnime | 23 comments I just finished What Alice Forgot and started reading Ctach Me if You Can

message 37: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina The Book Lover I'm currently reading the Oz series by L. Frank Baum.

message 38: by Cara (new)

Cara Achterberg (caraachterberg) Brianna wrote: "I'm currently reading Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman and Joyland by Stephen King"

Would love to hear your thoughts on Quiet when you finish. I didn't make it the whole way through, but have thought a lot about it.

message 39: by Cara (new)

Cara Achterberg (caraachterberg) halfway through Unless by Carol Shields. Almost finished Look Me in the Eye by John Robison. Also slowly working my way through Running on Empty by Marshal Ulrich

message 40: by Symone (new)

Symone Lewis | 47 comments I am currently reading Beloved by Toni Morrison .

message 41: by Julia (new)

Julia Ce (juliace) Currently reading Out to Lunch by Stacey Ballis

Out to Lunch by Stacey Ballis

message 42: by Candace (new)

Candace | 16 comments Just finished reading The False Prince, which I loved.
Now I am reading Vanishing Girls...

message 43: by Desmondella (last edited Dec 28, 2015 11:49AM) (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) I'm currently reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis and I'm almost finished with it. I'll probably complete it today.

message 44: by Desmondella (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) I finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis last night and I am now currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling for the first time.

message 45: by Tina (new)

Tina Carrisa wrote: "I finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis last night and I am now currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by [auth..."

Great books and authors!

message 46: by Desmondella (last edited Dec 28, 2015 12:05PM) (new)

Desmondella (treasuryoftomes) Tina wrote: "Carrisa wrote: "I finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis last night and I am now currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone..."</i>

I loved [book:The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
and I'm so excited to start Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone! Everyone says they're amazing and I can't wait to see what I think! :)

message 47: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 52 comments Recently read Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet series:

Book 1:  Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 4 STARS*)

Book 2:  Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 3 STARS*)

Book 3:  Savour the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 3 STARS*)

Book 4: Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 3 STARS*)

While there were some intimate scenes that I had to skip but I still found the books enjoyable. The romance was quite good and the background of the wedding planning business was also interesting ...but what I liked most was the wonderful friendship between the four women :-)

*My rating system on Goodreads:

3 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!

4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...! 

message 48: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Frazier | 77 comments finished Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11) by Chloe Neill starting The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson

message 49: by Julia (new)

Julia Ce (juliace) Ramla Zareen wrote: "Recently read Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet series:

Book 1: Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 4 STARS*)

Book 2: Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2) by Nora Roberts (My Rating: 3 STARS*)

Book 3: [bookco..."

I love Nora Roberts, I've read everything by her....

message 50: by Fathima Fara (last edited Dec 30, 2015 09:35PM) (new)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.