#AYEARATHON discussion

December:GraphicNovels/Manga/Etc > December - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Hello, What (Graphic Novels/Mangas/Comic
Books/Picture Books)are you guys Planning to read?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth going to finally finish Amulet series still got books 3-6 to read.

message 3: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments I just got Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2, so I'll definitely reread the first and continue with this.
Probably will re-read Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1, all the way to volume 13.

If I have more time, I will probably reread InuYasha vol. 1-6, and I have Amulet Boxset: Books 1-3

And then that's all I own for this topic, unfortunately..

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I'm planning to continue on with Death Note and maybe finish the series (I'm waiting for one more volume to come in at the library).
Death Note Black Edition, Volume 2 (Death Note Black Edition, #2) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 5 Whiteout (Death Note, #5) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 6 Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 7 Zero (Death Note, #7) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 8 Target (Death Note, #8) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 9 Contact (Death Note, #9) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 10 Deletion (Death Note, #10) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 11 Kindred Spirit (Death Note, #11) by Tsugumi Ohba Death Note, Vol. 12 Finis (Death Note, #12) by Tsugumi Ohba

I also own the entire Hana Kimi series, so I'll probably read at least one of those 2-in-1s as well.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 122 comments I have a nice big pile near my computer for this week. The Sandman, Vol. 2 The Doll's House (The Sandman #2) by Neil Gaiman The Sandman, Vol. 3 Dream Country (The Sandman, #3) by Neil Gaiman The Sandman, Vol. 4 Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4) by Neil Gaiman American Vampire, Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder Morning Glories, Vol. 5 Tests by Nick Spencer Morning Glories, Vol. 6 Demerits by Nick Spencer Morning Glories, Vol. 7 Honors by Nick Spencer Low, Vol. 1 The Delirium of Hope by Rick Remender

message 6: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments I'm probably going to just go down my list of manga I'm currently reading. Also doing #readwomen so I looked magna either solely by women or half by women.

What I found is that I'll be doing a few chapters if not whole volumes under these titles.
Akagami no Shirayukihime - 赤髪の白雪姫, Vol. 01 chapters 65-69
Black Butler, Vol. 1 chs 107-110
ElfQuest: Fire Eye which isn't on here oddly enough...
From Far Away, Vol. 7 (reread)
The Heroic Legend of Arslan 4 chs 26- 29
Hikaru no Go, Vol. 20: The Young Lions! ch 166 - 191
Kekkaishi, Vol. 02 chs 13+
xxxHOLiC: Rei Vol. 1 vol 6 chs 38-46
Yureka Vol. 25 chs 221 & 222

And then in real life I will focus on Catwoman, Vol. 4: Gotham Underground and if I still have time the short book The Golden Tree

message 7: by Kawtar (new)

Kawtar (thenicepenguin) | 26 comments Hi Guys ,
For this read-a-thon i don't really have a certain list , think i'll be continuing with The walking dead starting with Volume 19
I also wanna check out Chew , the plot sounds so good
And i wanna go back to reading Bakuman so i might check it out too ..
I might read a Manhwa , which is the korean version of Manga .. i've seen some and the art looks totally amazing .. I will be reading some of those too if i can get my hands on them .. :D
Good Reads to you all :*

message 8: by Rueben (new)

Rueben O'shea (rueben_o) | 3 comments I also don't have a set list for next month, but I may be reading Death Note (if I can get my hands on it), Full-Metal Alchemist (again, if I can get my hands on it), and pretty much any graphic novels that I can find in my local library.

message 9: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments I'm new here... and I can't find any info about WHEN this readathon is! Anyone wants to help me?

message 10: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Nenia, December's readathon is from 7th to 13th, so next week. It's always the first full week of the month, so it's pretty easy to remember! The dates & themes for each month can also be found in the group's description.

message 11: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments Thanks Maija! Too bad I have exams next week!

message 12: by Julie (last edited Nov 30, 2015 05:32PM) (new)

Julie (juliecornewell) | 11 comments I would like to finish the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series and start the Asylum series. Asylum Hollow City Library of Souls

message 13: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments I am going to read Charlottes web

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) Emilee wrote: "I am going to read Charlottes web"

Is there a graphic novel form of Charlotte's Web?

message 15: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments It a children's picture book

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) Emilee wrote: "It a children's picture book"

I guess I've never seen it as a picture book. The one I have is a chapter book.

message 17: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments The one is a chapter book but it has pictures in it

message 19: by Melissa (last edited Dec 14, 2015 07:04PM) (new)

message 20: by I'mogén (new)

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 71 comments Too many topics in one video (incl. my tbr), but I'm hoping it's a fun one! https://youtu.be/84sWb6ac3kA

message 21: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (psanchez820) So I'll be reading:
-The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
-Marvels, Volumes 0-4
-Kingdom Come, Volumes 1-4
-Justice, Volumes 1-4

Not sure if I'll get through all of them but I'll be reading them in that order at least :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 02, 2015 03:09AM) (new)

I have five volumes left of my Death Note reread that I started earlier this year so I'd like to finish that up. And maybe volume 3 of Saga

message 23: by Cataluna6 (new)

Cataluna6 | 4 comments I'm going to continue on with The Walking Dead, Ms. Marvel and Blacksad. I also want to start Chew and Y: The Last Man. I've got a few picture books from the 1001 list I'm going to read. Captain Pugwash, Amelia Bedelia, Crictor, Old Bear and The Giant Jam Sandwich.

message 24: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments I'm actually participating in the HarryXmasToYou readathon so I want to just read as many Harry Potter books during the week. Plus it's finals so who knows how much I will actually read

message 25: by Jalissa (new)

Jalissa | 27 comments Here are some of the books I'm planning on reading:
Tokyo Ghoul (Tokyo Ghoul, #1) by Sui Ishida (Vol 1-3) Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 6 by Jinsei Kataoka (Vol 6-9) 暗殺教室 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 6 (Assassination Classroom, #6) by Yūsei Matsui (Vol 6-7) Karneval Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Karneval Omnibus, #1) by Touya Mikanagi (Vol 1-3) The Betrayal Knows My Name, Vol. 1 by Hotaru Odagiri

message 26: by Shaeron (last edited Dec 05, 2015 06:17PM) (new)

Shaeron | 39 comments TBR:
The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel-Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel-Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel-Rick Riordan

message 27: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments okay i am so excited for this month. The second I found out I stopped keeping up with Batgirl so I can marathon it. Okay I will be reading Batgirl (of Burnside) 39-45(?) unless they release a new one this week. Also Batgirl annual #3. Neon Joe Werewolf Hunter #1, A Doctor Who comic from Free comics day featuring 3 stories of 10,11, & 12. Ms.Marvel, Justice League Dark the new 52 #24, JLA (Justice League America) #1, The Dynamic Duo Batman and Robin, Grayson the new 52 Annual #1, The New 52 Futures End Grayson #1, and my most anticipated series release of the year Harley's Little Black Book #1.

message 28: by Nina (new)

Nina (neemarie) | 18 comments I'm going to try to read Captive Hearts, Vol. 01 (Captive Hearts, #1) by Matsuri Hino and Captive Hearts, Vol. 02 (Captive Hearts, #2) by Matsuri Hino by Matsuri Hino and Monster A Graphic Novel by Walter Dean Myers by Walter Dean Myers

message 29: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
I hope Everyone Reading goes well this week.

I don't have a set TBR for this week so I'm just going to wing it even more than usual and just try and read anything I own Lol

Good Luck!!!!

message 30: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments I went and got 4 trades, all related to the Death of Wolverine storyline, from the other library so I'm all set for this week. And if I read them all I have a Daredevil collection, and I've yet to reread Saga and read volume 5

message 31: by Bookishrealm (new)

Bookishrealm Here's my TBR for the week! https://youtu.be/4iXHQ7auAck

message 32: by Meneniareads (last edited Dec 07, 2015 04:03AM) (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments I think I'll try finishing the Fables series. I'm done with the regular series, and Jack of Fables, but missing a few stand-alones and others...

Fairest, Vol 5 The Clamour for Glamour by Mark Buckingham Fables Werewolves of the Heartland by Bill Willingham Cinderella, Vol. 1 From Fabletown with Love by Chris Roberson Cinderella, Vol. 2 Fables are Forever by Chris Roberson Fables The Wolf Among Us, Vol. 1 by Matthew Sturges Fairest In All the Land by Bill Willingham

Alltough I dunno if I can get the last one... I don't have it, and my library doesn't either. So only option is buying it, and I can't really afford it.

Now I'm procrastinating. I have finals to do!

message 33: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 2 comments I am reading Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and it is amazing, the artwork in this book is incredible! :)