Amazon Editors' YA Book Club discussion

November 2015 > Age polling?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Yan (new)

Yan | 14 comments Time for dec poll?

Also, i'm just being curious, can we have a poll to show the age range of ppl in this group? :)

message 2: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Woods I'm 61 on the outside but far less than that in heart.

message 3: by Yan (new)

Yan | 14 comments Hi Tyler, :)

nice to meet you. I'm in the 30-35 group.

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 40 comments Looks so raw in black and white, but my age is 57. I am a mom to 5 kids, who are now pretty much grown (youngest is 13, everyone else is in college or beyond). I like YA fiction, but am pretty backed up on my list. Love browsing and choosing, though! I am not reading the November selection, but am looking forward to December's choice with hopes for more time to read. Alicia

message 5: by Peg (new)

Peg | 1 comments I'm 47. I find the characters and stories in YA fiction so much more interesting than in "adult" fiction!

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 5 comments LOL! This is funny! I haven't seen a single YA-age reader on this thread yet! Me included:)

message 7: by Rae (new)

Rae (raesparkles) | 2 comments Hello,

I'm 22 and a big advocate for YA books. I'm in grad school and I'm going to teach high school English when I graduate. I'm finding there's a lot of adults (at least at the college level) who don't give credit to YA literature as worthy reads, so I'm glad to see there are adults out there that love YA books and believe in their worth!

message 8: by Jazzmine Cap (new)

Jazzmine Cap (that_broad_chic) I'm in the 25-30 range. The big 26. :)

message 9: by Seira (new)

Seira Wilson | 92 comments Mod
We're going for a speed poll this time -- the choices for December are up (don't forget the poll is at the VERY bottom of the home page)and let's see how many people will vote in a 24 (or so) hour time period. The choices, just to get you thinking about them, are: THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, CODE NAME VERITY, and EVERY DAY. Thanks as always for helping choose!

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 2 comments Hi everyone, This is the first I'm commenting on the group. I think.....it must be the old age thing, lol. I'm 43 and Love YA because it's fun and it helps me to feel young again. Can't belive where all the years went and yes!, Seira, November flew by so quickly!

I'm still laughing at Carols comment about but having seen a YA post on this thread yet, lol. Definitely young at heart here, also.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 2 comments P.S. I've never done a book club/of the month read before so I hope I can participate.

New to this, not a quick reader and behind on ARC's. First time though that I actually have a copy of a possible pick. I usually can never afford to get copies and the old age eyes can't handle the ereader too often.

message 12: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 2 comments I'm 41 and i just love the flow of most YA fiction. Plus I'm still a kid at heart.

message 13: by Janene (new)

Janene Murphy (janenemurphy) | 28 comments I'm 48 and love to read and write YA fiction. I'm really enjoying trading comments with people who love it as much as I do. The books we've read so far have been awesome. Can't wait to see what we choose next!

message 14: by Asna (new)

Asna Rizwan | 5 comments I'm only 14...

message 15: by Yan (new)

Yan | 14 comments So far only Rae, Jazzmine and Asna(considered? lol) :)
How about the rest?

message 16: by Maria (last edited Dec 06, 2015 07:30AM) (new)

Maria (smariastefani) I'm 17! Just joined the group recently :D This is the first time I'm in a book club, so I really look forward to participate

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim | 1 comments I'm 44 and read anything that captures my imagination. I pretty much read most genres and never limit myself even if it's not popular.

message 18: by Shakar (new)

Shakar Omar (shakaromar) | 3 comments I'm 17 and basically a romantic/paranormal/historic book addict

message 19: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 8 comments I'm 17, but I can see myself reading YA forever!

message 20: by Stacie (new)

Stacie B | 1 comments I'm 49 and an eternal YA!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm 22, and I read everything from YA to non-fiction.

message 22: by Syd (new)

Syd (deertales) (deertales) I am 25, very close to 26, and I just recently got into YA novels. I love reading them, but I have to break it up with 'adult fiction' intermittently to not get burnt out on younger characters.

message 23: by Alba (new)

Alba | 1 comments I'm 25 and English isn't my native language. I found YA stories much more interesting and easier to read :)

message 24: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraprasad73) I'm 20. I am from India.

message 25: by Jill (new)

Jill Bonham | 4 comments I turn 45 tomorrow. There are so many gems in this genre and I love how this group highlights some of them

message 26: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) | 4 comments I am 43. Most of my YA genre readers are 35-55, other than on Wattpad, where they are teens.

message 27: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Woods OK, so I'm grandpa on this group. That's OK, at 61 years old, I've been married to only one woman for 38 years with whom we have four children and six grandchildren. I write YA that's fit for all ages. I'd like to be proud to have grandchildren read what I write.

message 28: by Aretha (new)

Aretha Pereira Asna wrote: "I'm only 14..."

me too!

message 29: by Nickolai (new)

Nickolai Vasilieff | 1 comments I'm turning seventy in a few weeks and I just released my new YA novel: Sammy and the San Juan Express—Seals the Deal. I've been writing for over thirty years, mostly for business and marketing, and some short story. Over the past six years I've focused on learning the craft of the novelist. I draw inspiration from my experience with my children, my grandchild, and the young adults I've met in my travels. For me, YA is always fresh and exciting. Happy to be part of the group.

message 30: by Silje Bell (new)

Silje Bell Børresen (siljebell) | 3 comments I'm 15

message 31: by Charles (new)

Charles Gallo | 1 comments Im 20 love ya fantasy/adventure novels

message 32: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Eichelberger (sandye) | 1 comments I'm a retired high school librarian who still loves YA. I still give presentations on new teen fiction for my fellow librarians and teachers. My age is officially Senior Citizen.

message 33: by Asna (new)

Asna Rizwan | 5 comments Aretha wrote: "Asna wrote: "I'm only 14..."

me too!"

Good, I felt like I was really young compared to the rest of you guys! Lol

message 34: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Woods Asna wrote: "Aretha wrote: "Asna wrote: "I'm only 14..."

me too!"
Good, I felt like I was really young compared to the rest of you guys! Lol"

"ONLY" 14? You two are at an amazing age of inspiration and adventure. Cherish every minute of it. Far too soon and you will be looking into a mirror wondering what happened.

message 35: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Ahah I'm 14 too!

message 36: by Amber (new)

Amber Strawn (randomamb) | 5 comments 26!

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments 15!

message 38: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Smallwood  (psmallwood) 36

message 39: by Ariana (new)

Ariana S | 1 comments I'm 16 and soon 17!

message 40: by Yan (new)

Yan | 14 comments Tyler wrote: "Cherish every minute of it. Far too soon and you will be looking into a mirror wondering what happened"
That, my friend, is a very good advice.

message 41: by Byan (new)

Byan (byanahmed) | 1 comments I'm 18

message 42: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Wilcox | 24 comments .I need your help. I've gotten plenty of "likes" on my facebook author page but even with $100 worth of facebook ads-no additional sales or reviews. I spoke with amazon just now and the game remains the same. The more purchases and reviews, the higher up I move in customer searches. The old "catch 22." If truly interested please go to www.amazon.com/author/charliewilcox where you can check out my 3 current novels and possibly be intrigued enough to purchase some, either as paperback or on kindle. It would also be of TREMENDOUS help to forward this to your friends. I still need as many sales/reviews as possible on amazon in order for their algorithm to move me up when consumers search for titles related to my key words. I can craft a novel but this social media beast remains well beyond my control unless I can somehow create a real buzz. I asked Santa to send copies of my 3 books to Taylor Swift as my Christmas present!! Thanks for your time and interest.
Charlie Wilcox

message 43: by Kalea (new)

Kalea | 9 comments Charlie wrote: ".I need your help. I've gotten plenty of "likes" on my facebook author page but even with $100 worth of facebook ads-no additional sales or reviews. I spoke with amazon just now and the game remain..."

Hi! I checked out your books on Amazon and was wondering if you could give me any kind of synopsis for Fundamentally Finn? :)

message 44: by Brandon (new)

Brandon 16

message 45: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1 comments i'll be 30 on jan 25th

message 46: by Summer (new)

Summer Newbold (summernewbold) I'll be 15 on January 19th

message 47: by Brenna (new)

Brenna (brebooklover) I am 31

message 48: by Olivia (last edited Jan 10, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Olivia | 1 comments Hi! I'm 13, I don't really participate in this group, since I have a whole shelf (ever growing) to read. But I enjoy having it on hand in case you are reading something I have, or if I ever finish my TBR shelf. It's nice to meet you all!

message 49: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (sarafina1977) | 4 comments I'm 38

message 50: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Wilcox | 24 comments It may be a new year but I still need your help. I've gotten plenty of "likes" on my facebook author page but even with $100 worth of facebook ads-no additional sales or reviews. I spoke with amazon and the game remains the same. The more purchases and reviews, the higher up I move in customer searches. The old "catch 22." If truly interested please go to www.amazon.com/author/charliewilcox where you can check out my 3 current novels and possibly be intrigued enough to purchase some, either as paperback or on kindle. It would also be of TREMENDOUS help to forward this to your friends. I still need as many sales/reviews as possible on amazon in order for their algorithm to move me up when consumers search for titles related to my key words. I can craft a novel but this social media beast remains well beyond my control unless I can somehow create a real buzz. A Taylor Swift or Oprah mention would do! Thanks for your time and interest!

« previous 1