Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
This topic is about The Blood of Olympus
Archive - Award Winners > The Blood of Olympus - December 2015

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 5949 comments Mod
Winner of the Middle School and Children's award

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Book Summary
Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them—and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake.

The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it "might" be able to stop a war between the two camps.

The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.

message 2: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I'm excited to read this one! I didn't read the rest of the series when the group did, but I'm all caught up now and looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn | 4073 comments Mod
All I will say before you read it is, I <3 Leo

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I can't wait to see why you singled him out. lol

message 5: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - added it

Savanes | 2017 comments Mod
I haven't read the previous one (book #4) but I always loved Leo. He's so funny!

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

It is halfway through the month and just out of curiosity, do we have any members reading this one? I have started it, but I'm only about 14% in. I was a bit confused as to what was happening in the beginning, but I've gotten it figured out.

message 7: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - added it

Savanes | 2017 comments Mod
I'm not I need to read the previous one before. It's a shame though, I'm sure this book is perfect for this time of year. :)

message 8: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea (leaspot) | 79 comments Kristie wrote: "It is halfway through the month and just out of curiosity, do we have any members reading this one? I have started it, but I'm only about 14% in. I was a bit confused as to what was happening in th..."

I read it earlier this year because I just couldn't wait and I really enjoyed it.

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I probably should have read it right when I finished the last one. I'm struggling a bit with getting into the story this time around. I think I just waited too long, even though I only read House of Hades in August.

message 10: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn | 4073 comments Mod
Yeah, I had that problem at first. So much is going on, with so many characters I felt a little lost. Stick with it, it's worth it.

message 11: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I plan to. I think if I can find a chunk of reading time, it will be better. So far, I've only been able to read in little bits and it's not helping.

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I've read this when it came out. It felt like a good conclusion to the story. I rather liked Jason, Nico and Piper, but it's overall a great cast (I just like Percy and Annabeth the least)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Blood of Olympus (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rick Riordan (other topics)