Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > Romance - December 2015

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6119 comments Mod
In December we will be reading the Romance winner, Written in My Own Heart's Blood as a group. Have you read any of the other nominees for the Romance award? Which have you read and what did you think? Did it deserve to be nominated? Which was your favorite? Do you plan to read any of them in the future? Discuss here!

message 2: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Nominees:

Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)
The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
Ugly Love
Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love)
Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3)
The Will (Magdalene, #1)
Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13)
Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno #3)
Crashed (Driven, #3)
Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
Raw (RAW Family, #1)
Transcendence
The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
Stepbrother Dearest
Play (Stage Dive, #2)
Fighting Redemption
Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1)
Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
Black Lies

message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4168 comments Mod
Romance (especially m/m romance) has turned out to be one of my favourite genres, which I still find strange as I used to avoid it like the plague!

I've read:

Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover Maybe Someday - Loved it, probably my favourite Colleen Hoover

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward The King - As much as this series is ridiculous, I can't help but love it.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover Ugly Love - Another Colleen Hoover, didn't wow me like some of hers but I still enjoyed it.

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan Archer's Voice - Quite angsty but I thought it was beautifully written

Raw (RAW Family, #1) by Belle Aurora Raw - Totally over the top misunderstood-bad-boy but I enjoyed the craziness of it all.

The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1) by River Jaymes The Backup Boyfriend - Oh so cute m/m romance, with some nice banter in there too :)

Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward Stepbrother Dearest - Very angsty but handled well

Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott Play - This series is a lot of fun, especially this book. Mal the MC is bloody hilarious.

Black Lies by Alessandra Torre Black Lies - Very clever

On my tbr is:
Beautiful Oblivion
Transcendence
Sweet Filthy Boy
Before Jamaica Lane

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Funny, Lynn. Im just the opposite. I used to read a bunch of romance and I've moved away from it. I still like it occasionally though. :)

I was thinking that I might try to read Ugly Love, but it looks like you liked Maybe Someday a lot more. I might try that one instead. I'm curious which will win. Where I'm not a die-hard romance fan, I may or may not read the winner.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (darthval) | 411 comments When I was young, I was all about romance, but as an adult I tend to find it pretty silly.

However, this group has opened me back up to some romances that I've found light-hearted and entertaining.

The only one of the nominees that I've read was Sweet Filthy Boy, which I found to be sweet and sexy.