Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Archived Buddy Reads > BR: Dawn's Light by Terri Blackstock (November/December 2015)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9504 comments Mod
Please join in reading and discussing Dawn's Light.

message 2: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Finished chapter 18

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Finished chapter 31

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Finished Chapter 50

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Wow! Sarita! You are way ahead of me!

Finished chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments No worries Joanne. Won't have reading time again until Monday - we are going away for a wedding this weekend :-)

I just wanted to start and then got caught right in!

message 7: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Joanne wrote: "Wow! Sarita! You are way ahead of me!

Finished chapter 11 [spoilers removed]"

I like you prediction of Craig attacking Mark. Mark is bigger though so I'm wondering if Craig will attack physically, or more mentally - for some reason I think he is to cowardly to physically fight.

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Finished Chapter 27 (view spoiler)

message 9: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Finished Chapter 41
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Joanne wrote: "Finished Chapter 27 [spoilers removed]"

I totally agree - do not like the Craig aspect and how he claimed to change and became a Christian, but still calls Deni "babe" which I don't like. This love triangle is a bit predictable - Deni and Mark will probably break up but then get back together. I agree as well - there is a difference between Christian hospitality and begin friendly, and helping but with clear boundaries.

message 11: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Joanne wrote: "Finished Chapter 41
I'm so frustrated with Deni for taking a job with Craig. I can't believe she would be so incredibly stupid. If I put myself in her place, I suppose I might see the extra money a..."

Yes, I love how Mark's character is displayed - he is a godly man, who desires to live holy, but still struggles so much with daily struggles.

Beth story-line is very difficult to read - I think Terri took a risk but did a great job with dealing with this situation. I think there is a lot of people who struggles with communication because of fears and it is difficult for loved ones to help.

message 12: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Finished up to chapter 71

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Finished chapter 79

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments I'm done!

When I started reading I though again 4 star, then got irritated with the Craig part but after finishing it I have to give it a 5.

(view spoiler)

Looking forward to your thoughts as you continue finishing this book.

After I finished it I felt "Wow"

message 15: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Read up to chapter 77
(view spoiler)

message 16: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Joanne wrote: "Read up to chapter 77
It really was sad to find that Beth had something so horrible happen to her. Of course there would be guilt on the part of everyone who cared about her. My prediction for the..."

Ah, like your prediction about Beth - interested too see what you will think about what actually happened.

Yes, in some way I agree with you, but I also try to remember that Mark is a volunteer and not truly trained as a cop, plus he loves Beth like a sister so probably did not think straight. Think in the real world he wouldn't even been allowed to chase the killer.

message 17: by Joanne (new)

Joanne To the end (view spoiler)

message 18: by Joanne (new)

Joanne To the end (view spoiler)

message 19: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Sarita wrote: "I'm done!

When I started reading I though again 4 star, then got irritated with the Craig part but after finishing it I have to give it a 5.

What happened with Beth was so sad. I think the way i..."

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Yes some things were expected, I was between 3 and 4 stars but then ended with 5 stars just because of how I felt after I finished the book.

I felt the last book drag a bit compared to the other books but the lessons I learned through this book was great.

Will you try more of her books?

message 21: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Sarita wrote: "Yes some things were expected, I was between 3 and 4 stars but then ended with 5 stars just because of how I felt after I finished the book.

I felt the last book drag a bit compared to the other b..."

I might try more of her books but not right now. I am currently reading Life's Little Ironiesby Thomas Hardy. Its good because it is a short story book. It would be nice to find a Christmas book. A romance would be good but I would want it to be the kind I like. For example, I consider Jan Karon's Mitford series partly a romance story and partly a story about community. I felt like the relationship in those books was very authentic and I believed in them.

message 22: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1234 comments Ah ok, the other books I've read from her didn't have love story sections included, more suspense focused.

In the other group I'm in, CFD - they have a whole section of recommendations for Christmas books and also currently doing a Christmas book challenge, so you should find something there :-)

Karen Kingsbury's The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

message 23: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Sarita wrote: "Ah ok, the other books I've read from her didn't have love story sections included, more suspense focused.

In the other group I'm in, CFD - they have a whole section of recommendations for Christm..."

Sarita wrote: "Ah ok, the other books I've read from her didn't have love story sections included, more suspense focused.

In the other group I'm in, CFD - they have a whole section of recommendations for Christm..."

Okay. I'll try that one! Thanks! I'll let you know if I like it.