Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Reader and Editor-this is fun!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments I am looking for beta readings, especially interested in fiction, nonfiction, and memoir, possibly involving food/cooking. Not so much science fiction or romance.
Looking forward to this part of the "word" world.

email to: zeepolly@gmail.com

message 2: by Zara (new)

Zara Deyn | 45 comments Hello Polly,
I wonder if you would consider reading my 61,000 word British, humorous, crime thriller?
It doesn't fit easily into the usual categories so I would like to know if it could appeal to general readers.
Any and all opinions would be valuable and gratefully received.
I am tech-dim-phobic so if interested I could send it as a word.doc.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Zara.

message 3: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Zara wrote: "Hello Polly,
I wonder if you would consider reading my 61,000 word British, humorous, crime thriller?
It doesn't fit easily into the usual categories so I would like to know if it could appeal to ..."

I have a few questions:
What is your deadline for the completion of a reading and comments?
Are you looking for only a beta read, or the possible addition of light editing?
Looking forward,
Polly

message 4: by Zara (new)

Zara Deyn | 45 comments Hello Polly - good to hear from you.

I am afraid I would only need a cursory read through and hence a general impression.
I have no deadline as I am now stuck trying to discover if I have a commercially viable product and if so how to position in the market.
I won't bore you by wittering on but unfortunately for you I can't offer you any editing work.
I'll understand if you feel I'd be wasting your time.
Thank you anyway.
Zara

message 5: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Not to worry, reading is just as important at this stage as an edit.
I will get back to you tomorrow after I can catch up with my calendar and make sure I have open time.
More tomorrow,
Polly

message 6: by Zara (new)

Zara Deyn | 45 comments Well done you!

I'm out and about tomorrow but I look forward to hearing from you when you can fit me in.

Cheers! and thanks.

Kindest,
Zara

message 7: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Hi Zara-
It looks like it will work to do a reading for your manuscript.
Please send it on when you get a chance and I will get started. Please also let me know of any expectations that you might have from the reading-I do have a quick checklist that I can send on after I complete the reading, if that will help.
Out of curiosity-where do you live?
Look forward to getting started,
Polly

message 8: by Zara (new)

Zara Deyn | 45 comments Hi Polly,

How wonderful to hear from you here in rainy, London!

I hope to email you with my offering and thank you for agreeing to give it a go.

Kindest,
Zara

message 9: by Polly (new)

Polly Zetterberg | 75 comments Greetings-
Good to know! Looking forward to it.
Polly

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Alderete | 19 comments Hello!
I have sent you an email. :)
I hope to hear from you.
Mary

message 11: by Zara (new)

Zara Deyn | 45 comments Here I am to report how delighted I am with Polly's kindness and professionalism.

Polly very kindly trudged through my British criminal thriller (along with curious quirky English terms which I now realise are incomprehensible to non-English).

I am now in receipt of an analysis which I will study when time allows. However, a cursory glance shows relevant ideas for accelerating and also braking various parts of my tale.

Thank you, Polly. Highly recommended.