Online RA Book Club discussion

Slade House
This topic is about Slade House
Final results question

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Boyd (librarylandlisa) | 74 comments Mod
We have a winner with Slade House and the Notorious RBG is second place. Would you like to read both or have two groups please let me know. Reading starts now for Slade House. Respond below if you are doing RBG instead or in addition to please so we can get an idea of the discussions.

Thanks in Advance!

Lisa

Heather (ophelia109) | 19 comments Mod
I'm so excited for book number one : ) I will get started on Slade House.

Woot!

message 4: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber My copy of SH is under my mom's Christmas tree!

message 5: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi Hamann | 1 comments I've placed holds on both at my library, but I'm not sure I will be able to get either in time.

message 6: by Jaci (new) - added it

Jaci | 1 comments I'm in the same boat Cyndi. All the copies of SH are checked out at my library. Hopefully a copies comes in soon!

Laura | 26 comments Mod
Ack! The holds lists are pretty long for both SH & RBG. I am fine with either title, by the way.

We could extend that to January and try another book in the list? Or should I go for less recent titles?

Another idea would be choosing books more in advance. I could start the list for Jan now.

message 9: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Lisa wrote: "We could extend that to January and try another book in the list? Or should I go for less recent titles?

Another idea would be choosing books more in advance. I could start the list for Jan now."

I think the idea of choosing in advance is a good idea. What about saving these two for January and choosing something older for December? Or something more easily attainable on short notice? Just some thoughts.

Laura | 26 comments Mod
I agree, let's save those for January. Something older for December would work.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Zimmerman (historybyzim) | 1 comments I'm up for anything! I have heard of RBG but not SH however I'm always looking to step outside my box.

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

I browsed through the RBG book and it was too much like a textbook for me to be able to palate right now! I will make the list of books so you can add suggestions too.